Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Props

Re: Props

Not to be the one to destroy your dreams but.

1) LRC hulls are deep, round and full displacement for running long distances of open water.

2) The rivers and canals are not what tha5 hull is designed for. I'm wondering how it will handle the currents and eddies.

3) The ICW will allow better use of the legs she has but is it needed?

I'd look at more options because I think it may be the wrong tool for the task.

Bird please chime in. You are the one with river time.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

2. Re: Props

As an owner of a 42 LRC and previous owner of a 43DC I can address some of the pros and cons.
    The LRC is much easier to get around on for us older folks, the pilot house doors on both side make life easy.
    The engine room is better due to the smaller engines.
    The ease of getting on and off the boat at different elevation docks is much easier with the LRC than the 43.
    Having run the TN, Cumberland, Ohio rivers as well as the Tenn-Tom to the St Pete area for the winter you just have to plan for the currents more with the LRC than the 43.
    Being able to plan fuel purchases when you find good deals is also a great feature.
    Having said all that I really liked the 43 as it was a great handling boat. Either boat would do well for the loop. I wanted the LRC as when I retired 4 years ago we became full time cruisers and the LRC is more comfortable for us and much easier to maintain.
    Climbing those flybridge ladders aren’t as much fun anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by fissioneng View Post
    The spare set for my 43 MY. 23x22, 4 blade, 1.75" bore, Dynaquad, repaired by H&H, never run after.

$1500 for the pair. Located in VA.
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. What caused the fire? I have a '85 43 DC with cat 3820t's. Those props should fit my shafts correct? I am currently running 23X24 and looking for a pair of back up's. Thanks

If you have an 85, it is the MY model like mine, so the props should be the same. Are you sure about the size? They will be listed in the owner's manual.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Not to be the one to destroy your dreams but.

1) LRC hulls are deep, round and full displacement for running long distances of open water.

2) The rivers and canals are not what tha5 hull is designed for. I'm wondering how it will handle the currents and eddies.

3) The ICW will allow better use of the legs she has but is it needed?

I'd look at more options because I think it may be the wrong tool for the task.

Bird please chime in. You are the one with river time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    As an owner of a 42 LRC and previous owner of a 43DC I can address some of the pros and cons.
    The LRC is much easier to get around on for us older folks, the pilot house doors on both side make life easy.
    The engine room is better due to the smaller engines.
    The ease of getting on and off the boat at different elevation docks is much easier with the LRC than the 43.
    Having run the TN, Cumberland, Ohio rivers as well as the Tenn-Tom to the St Pete area for the winter you just have to plan for the currents more with the LRC than the 43.
    Being able to plan fuel purchases when you find good deals is also a great feature.
    Having said all that I really liked the 43 as it was a great handling boat. Either boat would do well for the loop. I wanted the LRC as when I retired 4 years ago we became full time cruisers and the LRC is more comfortable for us and much easier to maintain.
    Climbing those flybridge ladders aren’t as much fun anymore..
    Thanks for all the opinions. After Looping, we plan to be motoring up and down the east coast. Unfortunately Hatteras chose not to play much in the trawler/pilothouse space. They were probably too high priced for the target buyers of Asian boats.

If you have an 85, it is the MY model like mine, so the props should be the same. Are you sure about the size? They will be listed in the owner's manual.
    Yes mine are Michigan 23x24, they seen to be OK set that way. I am really looking for emergency props. just checked and I do have 1.75 shafts.

What caused your fire?

Quote Originally Posted by corvette07 View Post
    Yes mine are Michigan 23x24, they seen to be OK set that way. I am really looking for emergency props. just checked and I do have 1.75 shafts.
    Interesting, so my props would fit I suppose.

What caused your fire?

The fire cause was indeterminate. The whole dock caught on fire including 21 boats.

Interesting, so my props would fit I suppose.

The fire cause was indeterminate. The whole dock caught on fire including 21 boats.
    Any idea what it might cost to ship them to Mobile Alabama?

Any idea what it might cost to ship them to Mobile Alabama?
    I'd probably take them to UPS to pack/ship. Most likely $100 each to pack and ship.