Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Electronics experts. Raymarine autopilot with Robertson reversible pump?

I was just gifted a raymarine st70, smart pilot x10 course computer, and fluxgate compass. I want to replace my Robertson ap300x and j300(3000?). My question is what else will I need to make this work. I assume the rudder feedback unit must be replaced with raymarine, correct? What about the pump? I would really like to avoid messing with hydraulic lines if I can. If my pump is 12v and reversible does it need to be raymarine?The purpose for the switch is to integrate autopilot with my mfd’s. Thanks

Update: I see that the X10 has a limit of 10a draw from the drive unit. I need to determine which drive unit I have and go from there. If the pump exceeds the 10a rating, are there any interfaces (relays, diodes) that will take the signal from the x10 and provide more power to the drive unit or must I just upgrade to the x30 course computer. No other options.
    Last edited by oceanjake; 02-19-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Re: Electronics experts. Raymarine autopilot with Robertson reversible pump?

As long as the computer can handle the amperage of the old reversible pump it should be no problem. You will definitely need the compatible Raymarine rudder feed back unit to get the best functionality from the AP.

Re: Electronics experts. Raymarine autopilot with Robertson reversible pump?

I would imagine that you could do it simply with a couple solenoids.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

4. Re: Electronics experts. Raymarine autopilot with Robertson reversible pump?

I am in the process of changing out my Robertson with Garmin but I am using the Robertson pump. I had to buy forward and reverse actuators and a cable to make the pump work with garmin.
    Bill Willetts - Wilmington NC
    Snap-on Tools Executive
    Steel Drum Musician
    https://www.facebook.com/jollymonjams/

Hatteras 56MY