Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Glass Over Wood vs Cold Mold

So look at it with caution or move on? The boat is in Atlantic Beach, so I'm willing to bet there are several surveyors down there who are very familiar with this type of build.

If you're not really familiar with the Custom Carolina boats and their construction methods, builders, etc you need to learn by looking at a ton of boats and visit the boat shops. The 2 main areas are Wanchese and Morehead City/Harkers Island where you can visit multiple shops in the same day, and there's also tons of these boat locally to look at.
    One thing to remember is the custom sportfish market is red hot and the boats available are either over priced or projects for the most part.
    This boat is sort of odd ball looking to me for a carolina boat, no tumblehome and the house/cabin is very different than anything I've scene.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

It does have an odd cabin, it limits us going on over night trips, but over all it's good for the family. Not a boat to go to the Canyon with though! It would take most of the day to get out there.