Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Miami Boat Show

Miami Boat Show

I spent an interesting Thursday and Friday at the Miami Boat Show and the Miami Yacht Show Friday. If any of you are planning to visit Sunday or Monday, dress most comfortably. Temps have been in the mid 80s, and some of you will consider it downright HOT! Particularly uncomfortable along the docks and the food court areas that provided little cover or protection from the blistering sun. My biggest show complaint is the lack of seating along the docks for show goers, particularly older folks. No umbrellas at the food court tables either! These are huge boat shows requiring plenty of walking. I thought the organizers did an extra poor job of factoring that in during planning this year.

The new Hatteras models were the best ever. The new 90 Motor Yacht was Oh-So-Euro! At the yacht show, there were only a small handful of brokerage Hatteras's. Saw 2 decent 75 Motor Yachts priced slightly over $1Mil. There was also a clean Hatteras 60 Motor Yacht asking $2.4Mil...and real dog poop 1990ish Hatteras 70 Cockpit. (I swear the boat growled at me as I stepped on board)! There were many more brokerage Hatteras Sport Fish models there that I didn't board.

I think the most innovative boat I saw was the Galeon 680 Motor Yacht. Until something starts leaking. So many weird looking boats at the show too. And more than one manufacturer who though dark colors and dark colored upholstery were 'in' this year...when it's just plain stupid in the hot sun! My favorite new boat of them all continues to be the New Hatteras 70 Motor Yacht. That boat is the best of everything for any motor yacht buyer! In comparing boats of the modern era...I didn't see any comparable new boat at the show that was more comfortable in overall layout than the 57 Carver I'm aboard right now. Seriously.

OH... And to the interior designers out there...STOP with the STUPID hard flooring and sharp corners inside boats! In stocking feet...I almost killed myself several times... I know the yacht designers are trying to reflect current styles in home décor on land... You people are idiots in this regard! Slick flooring materials are NOT FOR BOATS! PERIOD.

I think the best boat show is still to come...the Palm Beach Boat Show in March...

Re: Miami Boat Show

Thanks for this. I also heard parking can be a challenge.
    Was thinking of going to Miami but perhaps I'd do well to skip it and wait forPalm Beach.

I just read a report that next year the Yacht show will move from collins to downtown, on the old Miami Herald site between the venetian and mcarthur causeways they need more space and more amenities.

We were out on the boat thrusday and the water traffic was insane between dozens of water taxis as well as demo rides on th bay. Land traffic is a mess as well with 95 backed up with all the traffic trying to exit both downtown for the water taxis and for the Key Biscayne causeway as well. Nuts.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I was at the show on Thursday and Saturday.
    The Italians at San Lorenzo worked the Admiral over extremely well ... charmed her to death.. I am done for
    thus I have to continue running this company to pay for a (I am loath to admit) magnificent yacht designed in Milan.
    I am truly excited.. the Admiral is happy... I am stepping out and putting her in charge!

The team at Hatteras did not know how to make the sale to her. A true shame.

Spin
    Last edited by spindrift; 02-23-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Sorry to hear hatteras did not show up to win.

Tell us more about the one your buying.

How big is she? What type of power? Layout...
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.