Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1966 41'TC for sale in Maryland

I am offering my 1966 41' TC for sale, currently located in the water in Pasadena, MD.

I took this yacht on as a project and to use for my young family and I to cruise the Magothy and Bay. Prior to purchasing, the engines fired up without hesitation (after purchasing a new battery) and both were running fine (original diesels). During walk through inspection, I discovered a small leak in the the wet exhaust copper pipes in the aft room where a black rubber hose was connecting two portions of the pipe. I have since purchased a silicone fitting from Trident Marine but my limited knowledge and experience is preventing me of installing it correctly. My job and young kids aren't allowing me the time needed to upkeep and restore the size of this yacht, unfortunately.

Aside from this, it is my understanding that everything is function and working fine.

The yacht has had little updates done to it over the years and has normal wear and tear associated with a boat of this age.

NADA guidelines have the low end for this boat make/model at $20,400. I am asking $18,500, OBO to allow new owner to spend the difference in tow/repair/updates.

41' Hatteras Side Prof.jpgForward Stateroom.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Shaggyturtle; 02-21-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Additional Photos

Re: 1966 41'TC for sale in Maryland

This isn't the vessel formerly known as CompuDoc, is it? Looks familiar.

I’m not sure. The previous owners had her for a long time but were the 2nd or 3rd owners.

If it is, it is a boat I almost bought, years ago. It was up in that neck of the woods, maybe at Maryland Yacht Club. I think that's the same model, and the stripe color is familiar.

Sounds like it could be the same one. All of that info is true of previous owners.

Actually, not that it really matters that much in terms of value (IMO), that is a 41DC which wasn't built in 1966. It may have been a later 1965 production model that was sold as a 1966, but it is not a 41TC that replaced it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks for the info, I did my best by looking through the Model Brochures and comparing those to what the previous owners had told me.

Either way, hopefully someone will see the potential in her like I did but have the time and resources to turn her back into something special.

Check out the brochure for the 41DC and you'll see it matches your boat perfectly. There is a huge visible difference in the exterior, but the interior layout is the same. I just figured a potential buyer may give you grief about it. Looks like she has a lot of potential, and your price sounds more than realistic. Good luck with the sale.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93