Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Category 1 EPRIB 1999 year model

I have my old EPRIB for sale if anybody wants it. It's old, 1999 year model. It's a category 1 with a case included. The batteries will need to be replaced and the hynautic release should be replaced. You will also need to reregister it with your own MMSI. It worked last time I tested it. I just wanted a new one. Make me an offer and pay for shipping and its yours or if you are in Southern California we can make arrangement for a hand off. Figure I'd throw it out there before I send it to the marine salvage store down the road.IMG_2894.jpgIMG_2895.jpgIMG_2896.jpg
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: Category 1 EPRIB 1999 year model

Ron nothing wrong with that unit except the battery to have it replaced is about $300.00. If you are handy and can solder you can do it yourself for less. Us Coast Guard stations will test them and even test the water activation portion in a closed insulated case for free. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Do they even monitor those anymore?
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

20 year old electronics can have capacitors and other component issues.

Keep that in mind. As a back up it's no big deal but I'd not be the one to put all my eggs in a 20 year old basket.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Krush you are thinking of the old 121 epirb’s. The one Ron is showing is a 406 which is what the current units are. Good point on old components however out here on the west coast, not much usually goes wrong with those units as our climate is not real hard on them
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406

Ive seen capacitors on 5 year old electronics fail on gear thats inside an airconditioned room at a TV station.

Is it really worth the few dollars you save?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

If it is really $300 for a battery, I see that a new unit is $391. As stated, probably not worth it if you can get a new one for a little more.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ACR-GlobalF...paCE3m&vxp=mtr

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I agree on replacement as the price of them has come way down over the years but the batteries have not. When they were $800.00 a $300.00 battery made sense but not today. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406