Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Window Slider Fuzzies

Has anybody replaced the fuzzies for the sliding windows. In particular, how do you get the old fuzzies out. On my windows, they have an adhesive backing tape, which seems near impossible to release from the frame. Is there a chemical that one can pour in the slots to soften up the glue? Or is there some other trick to get them out?

Thanks in advance.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

Re: Window Slider Fuzzies

have you tried a heat gun? I havent replaced them just thinking that may help

Razor knife with it as long as you can existent it so the blade bends. Once off put a paper towel on a putty knife. Pour Acetone on it and rub up and down. Should loosen it up.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

There is a lot of information about replacing the slider fuzzies on this site. Some of these threads are very detailed in various techniques, tricks and description of the special hand made tools for performing this task.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Agree that there is a lot of information on previous posts on how to remove and install the fuzzy weatherstripping. Just a note: Sam's does sell the fuzzy weatherstripping.
    I live in Canada and shipping parts can add up with brokerage fees etc. I recently went to a local auto glass shop in my little town and to my surprise they carried the exact same fuzz weatherstripping product at about 1/2 the price. It is used for weatherstripping for sliding patio doors.

Mark
    lake of the Woods
    1898 40 DC

Thanks for the replies. I am using a heat gun and it seems to work pretty good. I did get the fuzzies from Sams's
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"