Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Striping of wood in the salon

Did you consider using Awlwood even though it's primary application is for exterior use?

I am assuming that you always sanded between coats and did not layer the next coat of varnish on without sanding. Your technique of wet sanding and use of really fine grits is something I have never tried.

Love the pictures....worth the effort.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I looked at awlwood, but I have had such good results with the awlspar that I don’t want to switch anything up. Plus the price is good, around $32 a quart. I did layer some coats, as you can with the awlspar. There is a window, i belive 24 hours, but I would have to look at the tech sheet for the exact time. Thanks.

Whoa - Awesome work.

I own a sistership to your beauty. A 1988 63' Viking/Gulfstar MY. We should compare notes.

Thank you, this is second 63 that we have owned. We really like the layout. Is yours a walk around or widebody?

Walk around.

Was a "must have" per my wife. Looked a a few wide bodys and she nixed them all.

Gulfstar did a great job with their woodwork and cabinetry. My dad bought a new 49MY in 1983, hull #7. But this high gloss really sets it off. Nice work.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Gulfstar did a great job with their woodwork and cabinetry. My dad bought a new 49MY in 1983, hull #7. But this high gloss really sets it off. Nice work.
    Sky, I remember that boat when you were at the Spring Lake Holiday Inn summer of 1988. We talked a couple of times and you were always a gentleman and very knowledgable.