Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 1966 Hatteras 28 Sportfish

Thanks. I was able to get a hold of Charlie

Is the boat still for sale? Thanks. Tony

Yes. As of last week it was. I stopped and looked at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
    Yes. As of last week it was. I stopped and looked at it.
    How was it? I'm thinking,,,"THINKING" about a quality boat that that I could put Outboards on. I'd like to use it on the 3 Rivers around Pittsburgh, but have the ability to occasionally move it to Lake Erie.

Was think mostly about boats like a Blackfin 290 Express/Salt Shaker, or a Bertram 28 Moppie. Thought this might work.

Tony

Outboards on a Hatteras.....hummm. Now that's a thought. Years ago a retired US Navy Admiral
    had a large (at the time) motor yacht built and it had 3 or 4 outboards on brackets. One of the
    magazines ran a nice article about it. With today's modern OB power it would probably make sense
    if all the other issues worked out. Issues such as weight distribution etc.

Walt

The work that has been completed and the items included to finish her was impressive. However I am looking for one of these models to restore or find a non molested original. I also prefer a cruiser versus a flybridge model. The other issue with this boat is that the interior has been gutted. So nothing to go by for patterns. For someone to continue making it a custom boat and depending on the final selling price, it could be a worthwhile project for someone in my opinion.

Thanks for the report WNDSR, What he said is accurate, The interior is gutted and was when I got the boat. And the amount of work and time that went into the exterior and cockpit/engine rooms is staggering. I'm not sure about the practicality of making this an outboard vessel. It's just not made that way but I guess if there is a will there's a way. I am coming to the end of my storage agreement where it is located and I will need to do something with this in a hurry, Anybody interested please contact me via Email at barefootcustoms@aol.com, or Call/TX me at 727-560-9990 I will make you a hell of a deal.....

Not sure if your 28 Hatt is still for sale, would be surprised. I have a 1967 28 Hatt cruiser we re-built twice! Been in the family a very long time. Biggest 28 ever built with lots of mods including a custom hardtop. I'll attempt to attach a pic!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hattman28 View Post
    Not sure if your 28 Hatt is still for sale, would be surprised. I have a 1967 28 Hatt cruiser we re-built twice! Been in the family a very long time. Biggest 28 ever built with lots of mods including a custom hardtop. I'll attempt to attach a pic!
    WOW!!! I have always thought about rebuilding/refurbishing a 28 Cruiser. In my mind, that is exactly what I imagined it could look like. Great Job!!!

Where is the boat? Any more specs, pics, etc?

Asking price?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    WOW!!! I have always thought about rebuilding/refurbishing a 28 Cruiser. In my mind, that is exactly what I imagined it could look like. Great Job!!!

Where is the boat? Any more specs, pics, etc?

Asking price?
    Thanks! She's on Long Island, NY. Not for sale unless you're as crazy as I am! The original build was in a dark blue hull over 20 years ago. This time out we've gone much further, new power and tran, new gen, new electronics, hardtop, new everything. In the final stages now with upholstery. Attach, picture of first build, will have more pics in the future. Spring is here so our season opens up real soon. Of course I'm on her pretty much every day now tweaking away. Hatteras 28' Cruiser-First Build.jpg