Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Question Ship Fantasy - Marblehead

Hi all. Relative new comer to the forum but really enjoy the wealth of information that is discussed. Looking for my first project and have been eying the 53 Hat on Yachtworld (Ship Fantasy). Do any of you have a familiarity with this boat? Any advice welcomed.

Re: Ship Fantasy - Marblehead

Not well maintained, it will depend on how handy you are. If you’re not move on. I’ve seen worse come back but the owners were very talented. Check out Scarlett on this sight. He has taken his to almost new condition. Those motors look rough. Make sure they have a good survey. They could cost you 60k plus to have them rebuilt. Good luck in your search but please reach out to John on Scarlett for his thoughts.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Ship Fantasy has been on Yachtworld since at least 2014. I called on it and the broker at the time told me I should look elsewhere. Never did go look at it.

Thanks to you both for the advice. I had a quick look at this boat last summer, while it was in the water. My big concern was the condition of the engines. They started first try with no smoke, and sounded in good shape. As you mention a good survey will tell the true tale. As to the overall condition, it really needs a lot of restoration, but I am sort of looking for a retirement project. The only other concern is a soft spot in the sole of the flyB.

I will take another look in the spring and go from there. Have done an engine overhaul before so could tackle it if the price can be lowered enough. Will keep you posted.

Again, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tjshuler View Post
    Ship Fantasy has been on Yachtworld since at least 2014. I called on it and the broker at the time told me I should look elsewhere. Never did go look at it.
    Now that’s a great broker.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Lousiest listing I've seen in years. Looks like a nice 35-40K boat, if it runs.

Saw this boat years ago when out of water in pa.
    Had a lot of issues, hard top on aft deck was very flimsy/soft core.

Also was rafted off this boat 2 years ago at put-n-bay (for 20 min.)
    We’re thought we would break the boat with our 52c. Cleats were loose, swim platform was loose,
    Wood panels around aft deck falling off.

It did run when we were there, but not very pretty boat.