Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A classic Tri-cabin

I found this recently while browsing YW:http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1971...s#.Wl6QW-s76rU

Does anyone here know her? If so, are the mechanical spaces as nice as the rest of her? There are no engine hours listed.... In fact the whole ad is frustratingly incomplete.

Re: A classic Tri-cabin

It's from knot complete yacht sales.

Probably not even a signed and sealed listing.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Beautiful boat (at least in the pictures). IMO it was probably the best looking Hatteras ever which is
    a difficult statement to make since almost all (99%) of them were great looking boats. The price seems
    a little high but then it depends on many things including engines/condition and all the other systems.
    Randy (Freebird) had one a few years ago and he became very good at running great distances with
    only one engine...lol.....

Walt

Pride of ownership here. Wish they showed photos of the engine rooms. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks cluttered, but clean. If anyone is seriously interested in this boat, I'll visit it for them. Deale is less than an hour from Annapolis, I would be happy to drive down and check her out. PM me or post here.

There has been a Tri Cabin in the Deale, Md area for sale for years. It had taken on water and is a mess. Or it was. My opinion is that it is a come on add for the same boat.

I know that boat. I've never seen it in person, but the PO was a member here. Current owners live aboard and are Facebook friends, and I'm surprised to see it up for sale. Lots of custom work on that one and a super nice boat.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by wndsr View Post
    There has been a Tri Cabin in the Deale, Md area for sale for years. It had taken on water and is a mess. Or it was. My opinion is that it is a come on add for the same boat.
    This is not the same boat that sank a few winters back. This boat was sold to the current owners by one of my brokers a few years ago. She had been in DC at Capital Yacht Club for many years. Interestingly, the pervious owners had owned and sold her many years ago and then bought her back. The current specs and many of the photos have been copied/cut and pasted from our specs when we sold her. The specs are admittedly a bit thin, but to be fair - the current owner was the very first to see her when she came on the market, and they bought her. We never really got the full specs completed before she was under contract. It is interesting that the current listing broker didn't lift our engineroom pics (such as they were). This owner has done some nice upgrades to the boat and we sure wish him well with the sale. Perhaps his broker will be encouraged to do his own work and expand upon the details and photos.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks for that link, I tried a search of the forums for "temptress" but I neglected to look in the galleries.

She sure looked good in 2009! We just returned from boat shopping in Seattle and the SF Bay Area and nothing looked that nice, certainly not for that price, I just wish we had been able to go aboard a Tri-cabin. The Admiral has final say on the floor plan, and while she approved of the layout of the 58 YF we went aboard I would want to know she was "on board" with a Tri-cabin before I fly east to inspect a specific boat. We will be taking the RV and visiting the Gulf Coast, Fla etc in early April boat hunting and if she is still on the market we will take a look at her then.