Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Thoughts on this Hatteras for sale...?

OMG we went to look at this boat while in FL and we were looking at some others in Lauderdale. Didn't get past the pilot house area, and that's saying a lot because I'm historically not averse to a project.

Cheryl
    1985 53 ED "True North"
    Formerly:
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

OMG is right. I remember what you started with, last time. If this is too much for you, it is really too much.

Quote Originally Posted by holtcl View Post
    OMG we went to look at this boat while in FL and we were looking at some others in Lauderdale. Didn't get past the pilot house area, and that's saying a lot because I'm historically not averse to a project.Cheryl
    Thanks for sharing. Could you tell me anymore about your experience?

If you think this one is bad check out the 70, er in San Rafael Cal. I told the broker they needed to give me the boat and 100k to buy it. OMG
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I said something similar about this one, only it was $200k but did not mention that to the broker. It's sad to see a boat that was at one point really nice, get to this stage. All too familiar unfortunately.

It was apparent from the online pics that the bulkhead between the salon and aft deck had been removed. When we got there, ok it was a crappy rainy day so that didn't help. Exterior looked rough.

In the salon, some sort of material (vinyl?) had been used to cover the walls and it was peeling up. The floor had been redone in the pilot house and it was peeling up badly. Another vinyl-type material

had been used over the helm area and that was peeling up. Everything peeling up. Poor ol gal.

Cheryl
    1985 53 ED "True North"
    Formerly:
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

That whole gang used to hang out at shooters on Sunday afternoons for the hot bod contests.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present