Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

80's vintage gauges

Looking to replace a sending unit ASAP and cannot remember the name of the gauges to source the sender. I would know it if I heard it. The gauges in question are dual coolant units with orange needles facing inwards from the left and right sides in the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. They are not stewart warners....and by recollection they had a retro but techy sounding name for the 80's. Any ideas?

Re: 80's vintage gauges

Livorsi??
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

3. Re: 80's vintage gauges

VDO?

FWIW, I am not a big fan of Livorsi gauges. I have 18 of them in my go fast and I think probably 4 went back in the first year I had it when they were almost brand new. Also the GPS speedos seem to be terrible.

Thanks for the replies, but go fish. Not Livorsi or VDO. This is going to drive me nuts until I get back down there lol

You’ll wake up at 3 o’clock in the morning thinking of it. Have a notepad buy your bed to write it down. LOL
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Faria?

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    Looking to replace a sending unit ASAP and cannot remember the name of the gauges to source the sender. I would know it if I heard it. The gauges in question are dual coolant units with orange needles facing inwards from the left and right sides in the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. They are not stewart warners....and by recollection they had a retro but techy sounding name for the 80's. Any ideas?
    Send a photo it might help. I’ll show it to my mechanic, he knows these thing inside and out.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

8. Re: 80's vintage gauges

Last edited by MVCaprice; 10-26-2017 at 12:55 PM.

The gauges are Telcor. The senders on my port and starboard engines are different. Starboard reads correct but has no identification whatsoever on the sending unit. Hmmmm...

Update. The gauges are all Telcor. It looks like they are out of business, but information on the inter webs seems to suggest they are high quality components. All of the gauges run to a Telcor box under the dash and everything is clearly labeled. The new question is this...are these gauges adjustable? One thread on the trawler forum stated that there was a resister and potentiometer to calibrate the gauge and sending unit. If I have this, i do not see it, however it could be inside that black box under the dash? Does anyone have experience with these gauges?
    Attached Images