Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: Crime in the Bahamas

Quote Originally Posted by Rich60175 View Post
    I live in a suburb of Chicago and it has the highest gun laws in the country and has the highest murder rate too. It's on the north side, souts side all over, car jacking is on the rise. It may be a fun place to visit. Politicians in Chicago are so corrupted, we have the most Goveners in prison, one of the highest tax rates for goods and property tax in the country. Were getting ready to sell our two houses to get out and move to Florida. It's not bashing when it's truth. I've lived here for 40years now.
    You will love Florida. Moved here in 1984, not leaving.

Tim

I dont know why but I'm sitting in a cigar bar on beach st in Daytona Beach thinking how bad this neighborhood is compared to mine in Cocoa Beach. 😈

Then again it's not the wrong part of Miami so I'm ok.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

The problem with people moving from very blue states with their inherent crime and high taxes to red states is they don't leave behind their political proclivities and are turning the reds into purples. Just a matter of time till the outcomes motivating the migration caused by the blue philosophies corrupt the red states.

Look at the blueing of North Carolina and Florida. I wonder what the politics in Miami are, blue or red?

In Florida the blue areas are cities and have higher crime rates.

Is the area blue because it's a city or a city because it's blue? I have my theory as ive watched for 25 years and moved to a very red area.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Just think it's interesting that few connect the dots.

Miami has been turning blue over the last 10/15 years. Florida is going to be a solidly blue state in the future because of the massive number of Puerto Rican's fleeing their corrupted island (I was tempted to say s..hole) ...

That said I have never locked my boat in all these years, or my car. Unless you cross the wrong street Miami is a pretty safe place thanks to the second amendment
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Miami has been turning blue over the last 10/15 years. Florida is going to be a solidly blue state in the future because of the massive number of Puerto Rican's fleeing their corrupted island (I was tempted to say s..hole) ...

That said I have never locked my boat in all these years, or my car. Unless you cross the wrong street Miami is a pretty safe place thanks to the second amendment
    Like you said it will become all Blue then they will screw with that second amendment that's when you put your boat out to sea and say good by.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

And then the social services will grow, and the next thing will be a state income tax. At which point, we are out of here.
    Regards
    Dan

I used to carry weapons but came to learn this; honest people hesitate to shoot, crooks don't. After reading of decent people "defending" replaceable things and loosing their lives doing it figured "Who is right"?

I agree that im one to hesitate. Many of my friends will not. They are not bad per se just retired LEO's

I know I'm safe around them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.