Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings all!!

Greetings all!!

New to this forum and from the looks of the many posts i've read, seems like you all are very welcoming!
    Well, The wife and I are making the trip this weekend to put our feet on 3 boats. We have our #1 pick and if the boat lines up with the many pictures we've been sent we plan to make a offer before we leave. This will be our first buying process (of this type) so i hope this goes will with the survey etc. I'm not sure if i'm more nervous about being disappointed because of expected condition due to pictures or us falling in love with the boat and bringing her home!! lol

Re: Greetings all!!

Welcome to the nuthouse! er, i mean owners forum/club!

Lol, thank you RustyBucket!!

Good luck on your decision. What are you looking at? What ever you decide make sure you get a good Hull and superstructure surveyor as well as a motor and sea trial. Oh yah call the bank and make sure you have unlimited funds to fix her up the way you want her. 😂 LOL. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Welcome to the nuthouse! er, i mean owners forum/club!
    I mean that's a little strong. Mental illness is no joking matter--not in my family anyway.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I do have one question (actually 100’s but I’ll start with one) the broker that has the listing, is the one I have been working with. I guess I’m wondering how do I know that he will present my offer if he thinks I would pay more than my first offer. If I’m correct, the more I pay the more he makes?

Most brokers are bown by law to represent both parties without showing favoritism to either party. However if you do find that your offer was not submitted correctly you do have recourse. In most cases you will have intimate contact with the previous owner once you purchase your vessel. You will have many many questions regarding what works and what doesn’t and how to do this or that. So I’m sure that the broker will be upfront and honest with you and the seller. Best of luck
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Most brokers go with the "bird in the hand" approach. I.E take the commission and not worry about an incremental uptick. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
    Bob
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I wouldn't tell him how much you are willing to pay or how much you are willing to go up but tell him you are open to counter offers. I made the first offer on my 55 in May and wound up buying her in October. Neither the seller or myself totally closed the door to each others offers. I pulled off and looked at other boats and came back to this one. I also offered on other boats in the mean time. I would start with a low offer unless the market has changed.

In Florida at least.

Brokers have a fiduciary responsibility to the seller. Legally the have to submit all propped offers. If the do not the can be sued.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.