Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
Guys, Please let's not get into a pissing contest over who's city is better or worse. I merely made a
suggestion regarding an early post on this thread which suggested that NYC was a high crime city, which
is not the case any more. While it was years ago, the city has made a remarkable turnabout and according
to the FBI stats and others it is now one of the safest large city's in the world. I'm sure that the numbers
about Chicago are due to just a portion of the city (south side) but the entire city suffers the bad rap.
Hopefully this too shall change for the better if and when all the gang turf wars go away. BTW I am
not a New Yorker and have never been a resident of any City. I grew up on a small farm in the 30's and
40's in central NJ when we didn't really know what crime was, as it was only things that happened in the
large city's like Chicago and New York mostly due to organized crime activities....

Please don't get defensive and if I offended anyone, please accept my apology as that was not my
intention.

Walt

Don't even mention some wop mayor took on the mafia back when it was at its worst and cleaned up the city.