Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New Salon and Galley side windows

Step 1, today.

Got a labor quote here in Seattle and then ordered the three FWD salon windows (the center one started leaking this fall) and the LH/RH triangular salon side windows as well as the LH/RH galley slider windows. Ordered from Lookout Boat Window Frames after researching options. I think I'll like working with them, both Broadus and Rachelle seem like the right kind of people to work with.

I'll post more later as the install starts in 6-8 weeks.

i hope these last another 42 years! Matt

Re: New Salon and Galley side windows

They are highly recommended by the folks here. If you don't mind me asking, what was the pricing?

Not including shipping, around $9000 for the windows and $5000 (estimated - 4 hrs apiece @ 90/hr) for the install. I'd have saved quite a bit if I had ordered in 2016 when I first started talking to them...
    Last edited by dar636; 01-29-2018 at 07:29 PM.

I got a quote from Brodus for the main salon windows on my 43' DCFB last year. It was $13,500 for 6 windows installed. This included sliding windows on the center windows on each side.

One of the things I love about my boat is the ability to open the main salon windows and allow lots of cross ventilation! Not seaworthy or water tight but it is worth it to me.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by dar636 View Post
    Not including shipping, around $9000 for the windows and $5000 (estimated - 4 hrs apiece @ 90/hr) for the install. I'd have saved quite a bit if I had ordered in 2016 when I first started talking to them...
    I installed the rear window and the sides using My friend Brodas. He is a grate guy sometime slow but he is doing grate work, As for price.The rear window was about 5 grand the side windows were about 11,ooo for
    both sides. The guys in the mariner put them in
    and did the painting and inside work. mine was a 52 c

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    I installed the rear window and the sides using My friend Brodas. He is a grate guy sometime slow but he is doing grate work, As for price.The rear window was about 5 grand the side windows were about 11,ooo for
    both sides. The guys in the mariner put them in
    and did the painting and inside work. mine was a 52 c
    Brodas read the posting and called my hand sorry to report i made a bo bo
    the aft window per Brodas was under 2000 i did not question him he had the paper work. I do remember it was glass and fiberglas frame and gelcoated.