Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

36 Sedan with Cat 3208T

Hello all,

Anyone have experience with this combination? I am wondering what the cruise, WOT and fuel burn would be on this set up. I am not one who needs to go fast but I do not want to labor on a plane or have an issue in a head sea. I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Season

Re: 36 Sedan with Cat 3208T

What year boat and what HP?

More information will help us help you.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Hello,

Sorry for the omission. The boat has the CAT 3208T rated at 320HP. It has a bimini, no eisenglass, and outriggers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by season View Post
    Hello all,

Anyone have experience with this combination? I am wondering what the cruise, WOT and fuel burn would be on this set up. I am not one who needs to go fast but I do not want to labor on a plane or have an issue in a head sea. I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Season
    You are definitely the "Expert" for this one!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    What year boat and what HP?

More information will help us help you.
    Your going to be the "expert" here!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

If the year of build makes a difference it is a 1986. It has 365 gallons fuel capacity, clean bottom with no reported blisters.

I am just interested in what the performance numbers would be on this configuration.

Thanks!

OK, post 4 is a mistake! And I tried to fix it, delete it and I tried.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Well,.... maybe.

His is a Series II. They tend to need a lot more HP than the Series I. I think he needs input from someone who owns a similar boat with similar power.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I have 1987 36' Sedan Cruiser with 3116 CATs, 350HP. It will cruise about 15 knots and WOT is about 22.

David Smith

Thank your everyone,

I am seriously considering an offer on a 1986 36 Sedan with the 3208T's. If the offer is accepted I will post the details and will welcome any advice with making this boat reliable and configured for good cruising and fishing.

There is not a lot of documentation on the Cats or generator yet so if you have some suggestions on what I should be looking for in the survey I will greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks again for all the great information and support that the forum has provided me over the years as I finally get back on the water.