Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

58yf-53my fwd shower

has anybody done an enclosure instead of a shower curtain in an early 53my or 58yf? im on my 3
    rd curtain and was thinking of doing some other type of enclosure.

Re: 58yf-53my fwd shower

Mine came with a plastic and metal shower door. What year?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Just looked at your profile. 1972. I have s friend with a 1973 and his shower doors are similar to my 1979 53MY
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Found this in Sams catalog
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have the same set up you have, I think the problem is the newer boats with the separate shower compartment took some space from the cabinet unit on the port side forward to allow for the space to put in the stall shower. Another words the forward head bulkhead is moved forward and of course the toilet is reversed also. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Well I am the opposite. My boat has the shower door enclosure secured on the top, inside lip of the tub/spa. Inside the shower area is a grab bar assembly for safety, and it sticks out about 5 inches. This leaves no room as arms hit the shower door. It also makes the head area, look and feel small. If I put a shower curtain outside the tub area that drapes into the tub I will gain alot of room. I can also leave it open for additional room and light. The other two boat showers are roomy, this one is a pain.

I have already purchased the track, sliders, and curtain, just have not pulled the plug on the removal. I will have to almost destroy the sliding doors, so once the decision is made, I am stuck with the results. Expensive to go back.

Have a great week,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Found this in Sams catalog
    what did you search for to find this? i cant read the part number in the photo and cant find it in the parts catalog

Go into Sams online parts catalog at the top of this site. Type in the number of the door I listed. It will pop up the page. Or look up shower in alphabetical order and look at every item on that page.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California