Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Flybridge Enclosure Replacement

Bill, yes Rolla was the broker. I will check with him as well. He is very knowledgeable. Also if it’s going to be in the 8 Grand range I may enclose the sucker and put a roof top a/c unit. I know that would cost a lot if I hired someone but being a contractor I have a lot of resources sewing not being one of them 😭

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I bought my 55 convertible recently knowing the "eisenglass" enclosure was shot. The enclosure is there but has holes in it, badly stained, etc. I am trying to decide how to proceed on this. After running Lake Ponchatrain a couple weeks ago to flush my coolant I realized how much I need this on those cold rainy days. I have replaced this same type material on a pop up camper years ago. There was a place that had templates to many different campers, etc. I was able to trash my old ones and get new ones that fit perfectly for around $850. I lost the name of the company so don't know if they do boats or not. I know this price is a pipe dream in the marine world but I figure it would be cheaper to buy from someone who has the templates or could build based on my old ones vs a company than would have to come to my boat and custom make. Does anyone know of a company that has the templates? There is a local tarp company that has done some work on my catamaran eisenglass but mostly snap and zipper repair. They may be able to re-sew new vinyl into the existing canvas or reproduce but could cost me more than buying from someone who specializes in boats. That was the case on my camper. They were twice what the online place was as they didnt do this much. Also am considering taking the windshield off, doing away with the wipers, and running the enclosure down to the fiberglass. I have seen a few like this
    I’m sorry I miss read your post and thought you were looking for the hard panels. Any good canvas outfit can replace the eisenglass easily. It runs about 75.00 to 100.00 per panel up here. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Those are prices I can live with.

Those are prices I can live with.