Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hatteras oem interior hardware

If the flat head inventor is standing next to him knock him out too!

Especially the flat head guy. I hate that bastard.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by BOATER BOB View Post
    I don't know were to get them ,but if you find the guy that invented them punch him in the nose.
    I think they are a really good idea. They hold onto the screw driver tip well enough to feed into hard
    to reach spaces etc. Of course if the wrong size driver is used such as using a number 1 driver in a
    number 2 head it will be very loose but you can drive it until you need to really tighten it or remove it.
    That is not a design flaw with the screw but it is a flaw with person driving it.

Walt

There is pretty good info on wiki about Mr. Robertson and why the square drive screw was not available in the United States and Henry Ford. Here in the great white north we love our Robertson screws, just get a full set of drivers and bits for your cordless driver and your all set. What makes the Robertson better is that the screw will stay on the driver bit and not fall off.

Walt Hoover

In spite of their normally jacked up prices West Marine is having a clearance on square drive screws. You have to browse through to see them all but they have machine, self tapping and wood screws all in stainless. I got some of the short self tapping 100 packs of less than $2. Plus they are giving free shipping over $49 ending Jan 15th.

https://www.westmarine.com/outlet/bu...?recordNum=199