Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras oem interior hardware

can anyone tell me where to get the square drive oval head screws used in the interior of Hatteras yachts? I know there is a $300.00 screw kit at Sams but there should be another source to get these. Any thoughts?

Re: Hatteras oem interior hardware

Quote Originally Posted by grey goose View Post
    can anyone tell me where to get the square drive oval head screws used in the interior of Hatteras yachts? I know there is a $300.00 screw kit at Sams but there should be another source to get these. Any thoughts?
    Try Fastenal. They may possibly have them. They do have a website. I recently bought some drywall screws from Ace Hardware. When I opened the box I was shocked to find out they were square drive. Never seen that before

You don't have to buy the $300 kit. Sam's sells boxes of 50 at reasonable prices. I have a nice collection that I've acquired ranging from 1/2" to 1-1/2".
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Sams first, West Marine special order in most stores second. Best way to buy them is by the hundred or fifty. I’ve replaced almost every screw in the boat both inside and out. Polished them on a high speed buffer to get that extra bling. Have fun.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Sams has the monel screws with the robertson drive. You will have a hard time finding monel anywhere else.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I probably have at least one or two boxes of every screw that was ever used on a Hatteras. They are called Robertson Screws and are very popular with furniture makers. As far as I can remember they started in Canada. Over the years I have acquired some from McFeely's, Fastenall, and other sources, but I must say that Sam's has almost every size that Hatteras has used and you can google square drive SS screws. I believe that the one's that Sam's sells are generally of a higher quality than what most other suppliers handle and Sam's are very reasonably priced.

Walt

Try McMaster-Carr. They have some Robertson head screws, but they do not have Monel. No one has that but Sam's, as far as I can tell.

You could also try Chesapeake Marine Fasteners, who are a subsidiary of Fawcett's. They have some Robertson stuff. For the ones that were used on our boats, obviously Sam's the best.

well it looks like it's gonna be Sams. Thanks for the help.

Cool Re: Hatteras oem interior hardware

I don't know were to get them ,but if you find the guy that invented them punch him in the nose.