Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Carolina Classic "Built by Hatteras"

There's a 41' near me but I don't know how I feel about it having Ford diesels. I know the low HP Ford diesels are great in trawlers, not sure about a Hatt.There's also a 45' near me that's at a great price (from the pictures) but it has 871Ns. Low hours and nothing wrong with them, but there are better engines out there for sure. It needs to be updated but is ready to roll right now as per the owner.

The early 70's 45' is much bigger than the 41. A guy on here bought at 45 last year with naturals...I think he said like 18-19knot WOT, but he usually runs slow.

Sea Horse has his 41c repowered and refit for sale: http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...teras-Stunning

If you can get your budget to 50-60k, and are patient, you should be able to find a 34/36 or 41 repowered with modern engines (preferably cummins).

I can't speak for 34/36, with a b series cummins, but I know they scoot along well. With c series 8.3 cummins, the 41c is a 30knot WOT boat. I do 18-19knots at 1800 (Floscan says ~9gph each engine) and 21knt at 2000 in fresh water with props that needed a tune up (they are at the shop now).
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

My 36C did 31.5 WOT, average of a two-way run, on sea trials. Zf 220A gears, 1.5:1, about 21-22 4 blade Michigans. (That is my best memory of what's under there) Those engines are the best for that hull.