Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    So none of us here bought the boat but we're assaulting the guy who did. I know many of us wished we were in a position to make a play for it, knowing whos boat it was and how it was cared for. Ask and get are always two different things. We all know that. I am sure anyone buying the boat will do there research here so why bash the guy. A purchase of that size will obviously require a survey and after that who knows what he will get for the boat. But he took the risk and he will or will not reap the benifits, but i am sure if he gets even 40% of the asking price in an as in condition, he did well and so will the next owner

ART
    Assault? Nothing violent in what anyone has posted here. Insult would be a more apt term. I really don't have a problem with anyone insulting a liar.

Fact: Many of us here were and are in a position where we could have owned that boat had we so desired. Thus, I really doubt jealously plays a big role in anyone's participation in this thread.

Just gonna drop this here:

Hatteras 58 listing

Ive emailed the broker to see if the boat has a history of any water damage. I will let you know what he says.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    Just gonna drop this here:

Hatteras 58 listing
    Too funny. I'm guessing the broker is a friend, but who knows?

I've already had my fun, but it would be interesting to see how the broker represents the boat. I'm sure the old, "details are thought to be accurate, but who the hell knows", disclaimer will work well in this case. I would be curious as to how things work if a broker is made aware a listing has a history as water damaged to the point of being totaled by the insurance company. Somebody is going to be pissed if they go to the expense of surveying the boat and aren't told the history. Gotta wonder who will be on the hook if it goes that far without any type of disclosure.

I could have sworn that boat had 71's, but in reading back through this thread, I was mistaken. At least they aren't showing any stern shots, assuming the name is still there.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Buyer beware. Broker (in this case) be bad.

So many honest people get a bad rep from people like these.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

He lifted every photo from my website, including one of Ed (egaito) at the helm. The starboard engine room photo he has on Yachtworld are not Sanctuary’s engine room. He must have picked that off of another listing somewhere. I know my engine rooms and that ain’t it!!! What a turd. That listing is a HUGE misrepresentation.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

And rather than writing his own listing description, he lifted the two paragraphs from my website, too. Some of the photos he used are over 12 years old - there are some from when we first got her - our first outing.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

This is setting up to be a great example of how consumers would be better served if some broker licensing, continuing education and personal liability from a state board of boat brokers were required.
    The fraud is obvious, but without a licensing board it is not legally efficient to do anything. I have seen commercial real estate brokers removed from the industry for far less egregious acts.
    We can only hope that the first potential buyer that surveys this boat also owns a law firm.
    The new boat name could be 'legal jeopardy'
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

The broker is from florida which has some of the toughest yacht broker regulations...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    This is setting up to be a great example of how consumers would be better served if some broker licensing, continuing education and personal liability from a state board of boat brokers were required.
    The fraud is obvious, but without a licensing board it is not legally efficient to do anything. I have seen commercial real estate brokers removed from the industry for far less egregious acts.
    We can only hope that the first potential buyer that surveys this boat also owns a law firm.
    The new boat name could be 'legal jeopardy'
    How are brokers supposed to know the history of a boat unless the owner is up front about it?

I can't see how further regulation on the trade could change that. I still wonder how something like this works from a legal standpoint. Non-disclosure on the part of the seller is certainly unethical, but is it actionable unless they actually lie about it?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93