Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by egaito View Post
    C'Mon Krush! You like a project!
    I'm insane, but I'm not stupid enough to take on any more projects! One Hatt is enough for me.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    I'm insane, but I'm not stupid enough to take on any more projects! One Hatt is enough for me.
    LOL, just keep the pictures coming! I miss that girl more than ever right now.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Ang, PMd you.
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Is this still for sale? I have been looking for a 53 but finding a good one has been, uh, challenging. Sounds like this one has a good known history. I would be interested in taking a look.

I don't know if Angela still check in. Afaik the insurance settled the claim and must have the boat sorted. It would be a great buy
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I don’t know for certain where the boat is today. She was supposed to have been moved from the yard by March 1. Maybe that happened, maybe it didn’t. She was at CAY Marine in Miami.

To inquire about here, send an email to claimsreport@geicomarine.com and put the claim number in the subject line “17CBT00208 - Sanctuary Holdings, LLC” and in the body of the email, give them your name, address, phone number, and give them the year, make, and model (1980 Hatteras 58’ Motoryacht). You could also call. Just google Geico Marina and there is an 800 number. I don’t have it at the moment.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

US Auctions has her. Auction starts March 24.

http://usauctions.com/ItemDetails.aspx?ID=10364

Lots of erroneous info in the description, and I’ll try to get them to correct some of that when I return their call tomorrow. Example: upper gear cable very stiff...well, if they move the flybridge seat cushions off the lower helm the cable moves like melted butter. All the cables were new within the last year or two. And “twin disk”. They are Allisons.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Wow, these boats are tough. She looks pretty good.

I'm sure you're still sick to see her go.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I can’t believw they totaled that boat over that. It looks pretty good. The engine room pictures are pitch black and you can’t really see anything, so I can’t tell, stabilizers or no stabilizers?

No stabilizers. We had no power, so the engine rooms were very dark. Here are the photos we took:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h9nrxhus8...BFe7fxBJa?dl=0
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"