Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Does anyone believe that someone would buy such a boat at auction and not google Hatteras 58? Or sanctuary Hatteras 58?

Result nr 4 points to HOF... duh.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Its all speculation. He hasn't misrepresented it to anyone so far AFAIK. Call him and see what he says. If repairs have not been made its gonna be almost impossible for a potential buyer not to figure out that there is storm damage.

We all love Ang and hate to see what happened to Sanctuary, but you're all piling on this guy with little to no information here.
    Little to no information?

I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy too, but this one seems pretty cut and dried to me. Nothing wrong with making a buck on a fixer upper, as long as the fixer upping has been done. There is no way in hell I can see this guy having such extensive repairs made in that period of time.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Little to no information?

I'm an innocent until proven guilty guy too, but this one seems pretty cut and dried to me. Nothing wrong with making a buck on a fixer upper, as long as the fixer upping has been done. There is no way in hell I can see this guy having such extensive repairs made in that period of time.
    Where did he say repairs had been made? I see no misrepresentation yet. Anyone can ask any price. That doesn't mean he'll get it(and he won't). If he had posted it at $50,000, would we even be debating this?
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 05-09-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Where did he say repairs had been made? I see no misrepresentation yet. Anyone can ask any price. That doesn't mean he'll get it(and he won't). If he had posted it at $50,000, would we even be debating this?
    You have some strange logic.

No, he doesn't mention repairs, nor does he mention existing or previous damage. I guess one of us is confused as to how he's not misrepresenting the boat. Unless of course he paid a ton of money to have it repaired that quickly.

That boat, thanks to social media, this place, and eBay, is probably the most recognized 58MY on the planet. It seems pretty obvious to me he dodged the question about repairs in that email, but I guess I'm just slow or something. At least I have company.

Hell, Sky, why don't you give him a call and report back? You know the boat well enough to ask intelligent questions.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

We probably would not be debating this, because the low price would alert a prospective buyer to the fact that something was wrong with the boat. Atleast that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    We probably would not be debating this, because the low price would alert a prospective buyer to the fact that something was wrong with the boat. Atleast that's what I think.
    Exactly.

Sorry, Sky, I failed to address that part.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Sorry Sky- I have a great deal of respect for your opinion, but I think in this instance, we are not being unfair to the person selling Ang's old Hatteras. I think that not disclosing the boat's history and only posting photos which make the boat look fine is deceiving, and that's being kind. As far as him not wanting to email about it, but rather talk on the phone, well, obviously emails or texts provide a record of what was said in the conversation, and a voice conversation does not. I suspect that this is the kind of seller who would rather talk on the phone than correspond- as to what he would say if you asked him directly whether the boat had been written off by insurance secondary to storm damage, it's anyone's guess. But the early indications are not, I would say, promising.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Sorry Sky- I have a great deal of respect for your opinion, but I think in this instance, we are not being unfair to the person selling Ang's old Hatteras. I think that not disclosing the boat's history and only posting photos which make the boat look fine is deceiving, and that's being kind. As far as him not wanting to email about it, but rather talk on the phone, well, obviously emails or texts provide a record of what was said in the conversation, and a voice conversation does not. I suspect that this is the kind of seller who would rather talk on the phone than correspond- as to what he would say if you asked him directly whether the boat had been written off by insurance secondary to storm damage, it's anyone's guess. But the early indications are not, I would say, promising.
    That was my take on it too, regarding not wanting to discuss such things in print. It's easy to claim a misunderstanding from a verbal conversation, but when it's in print, it's indisputable.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Tell you what, I'll call him tomorrow and lead off with asking how long he has owned it. That should set things into motion. That is not at all an usual question and would not raise any flags as to suspecting undisclosed damage. Of course, if he's reading this forum (or THT) by chance, my area code will give me away! LOL
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

The guys probably a politician. He didn't actually lie. He just won't bring the truth to the table until forced to.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.