Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    I can’t believw they totaled that boat over that. It looks pretty good. The engine room pictures are pitch black and you can’t really see anything, so I can’t tell, stabilizers or no stabilizers?
    It was the cost of the repairs at Miami rates. They were going to have to paint the entire boat in order for her look right again and that alone was $98,000 for the yard to do it. Then there was the repair, replacement of salon and pilothouse floors that buckled, replacement of other things like some pumps, damaged cabinetry and some interior teak, etc. It added up and when it hit the $187,000 mark before the port transmission was even inspected (it came in contact with saltwater in the bilge), they threw in the towel and totaled it.

All this cost was for having a yard to it. I just don’t have the time to bite off all that work myself trying to do it on weekends. It was just too much.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

All I can say is wow....what a shame.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10364-1980-...latXcP&vxp=mtr

My heart goes out to you Angela....... 😩😢

Randy

It's tough seeing the old girl (the boat, not Ang ), end up going down that particular road. Seems to me that the open area of balsa could be (and should have been) temporarily glassed over, and she could still be a good, stationary liveaboard if nothing else. I've seen people live on a hell of a lot worse and still seemingly be comfortable.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Was the boat brought to the marina under it's own power? I saw it on line it seems it could be restored.

She was towed to the yard because at the time, we did not know whether there was any damage to the running gear.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Sold. High bidder was $37,877.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It would be interesting to see if she really sold. You never know with eBay.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Would have been a terrific buy for a yard.

I stopped at 23,500. The yard I wanted to bring it to could not lift her, so I stopped. Was willing to go to 40,000.

Hope someone will take over and do her justice. Ang put a ton of work into her, it would be great to see her resurrected.