Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I assumed the deleted posts were those directed at our new member, but maybe Jim can clarify that.
    The deleted posts were BY our new HOF contributor, using the term rather loosely. Not, I would say, a member, as he came here to further his purpose of flipping a damaged Hatteras yacht into the hands of someone too naive to know what they were getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Even better! I've already done a port only delivery, and a starboard only would balance the resume.
    And I’d be more than happy to be the first mate. After all, nobody knows that boat better than me...every inch, every nook and cranny of her. But do you really think it would top the “Maiden Voyage from Hell”?
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Or randy driving my boat in the parade without incident much to many members surprise.

He's fun to have on board.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by David58my View Post
    Auntie maxie - competition, type didn't want the grammar police coming after me too
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I put it back. The other one I can't restore as it was physically deleted, but it was very short and in the same tone.

I encourage AMPA*, also known as David, to put the post back in, if he can remember what he said.

* Alligator Mouth, Parakeet Ass
    As I recall it, our prized new member whatever his nom de plume may be, only corrected his error of "Auntie Maxie" to the more correct "Auntie Maxine". I suspect he did it out of sarcasm, but I cannot be 100% sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by David58my View Post
    we dont use bondo,sticks,Chinese drywall lead paint ,tin foil, cheap resins, etc, . . . when this boat is done it will be 100% right
    But you’ve told people here over the phone that it will only take about $5,000 to fix her. You know that boat is painted with Imron, right? Have you priced an Imron job? (And so you know never to put wax on it, right?). That’s where everyone here jumped to the conclusion about the use of bondo. You led them there by saying its a $5,000 fix. They have all seen the damage and we KNOW it’s a far cry from $5,000. We all have fiberglass, resin and paint under our nails, so we know. Have you priced EPOXY resin? Not vinylester or polyester resin - we never permitted that to be used on that boat. GEICO stopped assessing damage after learning the port tranny soaked in a seawater spa bath for many weeks because the yard would not let me “work” on the boat in their yard by pumping it out - that damage was never quoted into a dollar amount. We continued to find major damage, unreported to the insurance company, and thus, not assigned a dollar figure, right up until the day I moved the last of my things off the boat after the boat was totaled. I think that was in early February. That was the day I found the port side of the salon bowed and broken on the inside with the windows dislodged. Pull out the sofa, look behind it, and you’ll see it. I’m sorry, but there is no way in hell that boat is getting fixed “right” for five grand, not even if the labor and lay days are free.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    And I’d be more than happy to be the first mate. After all, nobody knows that boat better than me...every inch, every nook and cranny of her. But do you really think it would top the “Maiden Voyage from Hell”?
    I don't think anything will ever top the, "Maiden Voyage From Hell", but I would GLADY have someone one up me in that department. As you know, I spent 7 days moving a sistership to yours with the same power. Both engines purred like a kitten for 12-16 hours a day. There was even an extra Captain Randy aboard, so if ever there were an opportunity for a curse, that was it! It might have turned out differently if 1271's were involved.

It would definitely be fun to take one last cruise on your old boat, but I've got dibs on the master if the new owners don't come along, and the VIP is mine if they do. As the wench with the wrench, you can have the POS (Previous Owner's Stateroom).
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Bird, just for fun, I dug up that Maiden Voyage from Hell thread and re-read it after all these years. It was very entertaining now that I know all the players so well. I recall Pascal’s first post in response, and Sky stepping in saying he hoped the “tone” was precedent setting. It all went to hell free that with Freebird being categorized with “Bird” while everyone else was “Senior Membor”, you getting banned, and having to come back not once, but what two or three times, was it, with another name? The good ole days with Genesis and MikeP still making an incredible amount of knowledgeable contribution, as well as YachtsmanWillie. Ahhhh, the memories.

After all these years, knowing how the family has melded, it was really fun to re-read that. Kind of watching the beginning of a movie you’ve seen, knowing the ending, but this time paying more attention to the characters and their demeanor rather than the actual story line. You guys should have a read if you’ve never read it before, or even if you have.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Bird, just for fun, I dug up that Maiden Voyage from Hell thread and re-read it after all these years. It was very entertaining now that I know all the players so well. I recall Pascal’s first post in response, and Sky stepping in saying he hoped the “tone” was precedent setting. It all went to hell free that with Freebird being categorized with “Bird” while everyone else was “Senior Membor”, you getting banned, and having to come back not once, but what two or three times, was it, with another name? The good ole days with Genesis and MikeP still making an incredible amount of knowledgeable contribution, as well as YachtsmanWillie. Ahhhh, the memories.

After all these years, knowing how the family has melded, it was really fun to re-read that. Kind of watching the beginning of a movie you’ve seen, knowing the ending, but this time paying more attention to the characters and their demeanor rather than the actual story line. You guys should have a read if you’ve never read it before, or even if you have.
    For the record, I was never banned. The forum had become an, "us against them", kind of deal, and Doug was getting flack from both sides. With that, I told him I would bow out, at least publicly.

The Sparky1 thing wasn't a comeback and was a username I basically, "inherited". Carl Guzman gave me our friend, Leon's password, just to mess with Leon who was a mutual friend. From there, I made ole Sparky a rich, black man in questionable health, in search of a Hatteras. That brought out the best and the worst of the HOF and turned out to be a great social experiment. Most were trying to help ole' Sparky while others tried their best to sell him something he really didn't need. Those who were sincere were let in on my little game, those who weren't sincere were left to guess. It was an elaborate scheme to flush out a certain broker (who has always hated the ole 'bird), and it worked like a charm! LOL Doug later told me he knew it was me the whole time, given I made no attempt to hide my IP address. As with my previous antics, it was not mean spirited, and I (along with others who were in on it) had a lot of fun with that one. If you wanna have some fun, go back and read Sparky's posts. I have done that more than once and always get a good laugh!

After I outed myself as Sparky1, I decided to come back as myself, but with an extra "e". Doug and I talked about me just coming back as Freebird, but he was concerned that it might open old wounds for those who thought I was nothing but a PITA. I'll readily admit that I got a little carried away with a few of my posts in the early days, but this whole Internet forum thing was brand new for me, and some of y'all were just TOO fun not to mess with!

All that aside, this really is a good group of people who have always gone above and beyond to help out one of their own. The offline support I received when I took the old Bird boat back to Tennessee on one wing was overwhelming. Too bad the new guy didn't come on here to simply introduce himself and reap the benefit from the collective wisdom of this place vs poking everyone in the eye. His loss. It will be interesting to see how this saga plays out as selling a 38 year old Hatteras 58MY especially that one, is a lot different than selling used cars. He should be able to accomplish his goal in turning a profit on that boat as long as the repairs are done right, but my guess is, it will take some creative financing on his part.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

For your convenience. 28,503 views... and counting.

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...en+voyage+hell
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I've updated Sanctuary's web site, and added photos of her condition after the storm. For those interested, this is her site: http://www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com/

I also added a link back to this thread. Perhaps a potential purchaser will find the site and be able to make an informed decision on their purchase.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com