Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

In all fairness, you DID out Tom as Gilligan, so we all owe you for that. LOL Duly acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    In all fairness, you DID out Tom as Gilligan, so we all owe you for that. LOL Duly acknowledged.
    So I messed up. Shut up.

Now on to something a little more serious: Have we established that Captain Stabbin' isn't a part of this boat deal?????

This will have to go down as one of the greatest HOF threads of all time. I've never seen anyone go to so much trouble to dig a hole big enough for a 58MY, but it has been very telling. Too bad I missed the posts that were zapped, but I have a feeling we'll hear from Flipper again before this is all over.

Hey David (Ed?), should you make a deal and sell the old gal, I'll give your vict..., uh, buyer a hell of a deal to take her wherever she needs to go, and Ang has already signed up to be first mate. One last cruise on Sanktuary would be the thread of the decade. Might even be a good selling point as the new owner will achieve instant fame. It might cost you a starboard engine, but the memories will be priceless!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    This will have to go down as one of the greatest HOF threads of all time. I've never seen anyone go to so much trouble to dig a hole big enough for a 58MY, but it has been very telling. Too bad I missed the posts that were zapped, but I have a feeling we'll hear from Flipper again before this is all over.

Hey David (Ed?), should you make a deal and sell the old gal, I'll give your vict..., uh, buyer a hell of a deal to take her wherever she needs to go, and Ang has already signed up to be first mate. One last cruise on Sanktuary would be the thread of the decade. Might even be a good selling point as the new owner will achieve instant fame. It might cost you a starboard engine, but the memories will be priceless!
    With all due respect, Bird, it was the PORT engine that was compromised by seawater. That’s where the saltwater came in and settled for a long time, getting intimate with the Allison tranny and the oil pan of the port engine. I suspect the port side will go first. My insurance company wanted nothing to do with THAT and that’s where they drew the line and totaled her. It’s only a matter of time. Hope it’s not on your watch.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Quote Originally Posted by tom5518 View Post
    I can live with being called a Thurston Howell the 3rd and captains hat wearing weirdo, but that Gilligan comment is totally uncalled for.
    It's okay, little buddy. You're still the best first mate I never had. Wanna borrow my hat?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    With all due respect, Bird, it was the PORT engine that was compromised by seawater. That’s where the saltwater came in and settled for a long time, getting intimate with the Allison tranny and the oil pan of the port engine. I suspect the port side will go first. My insurance company wanted nothing to do with THAT and that’s where they drew the line and totaled her. It’s only a matter of time. Hope it’s not on your watch.
    Even better! I've already done a port only delivery, and a starboard only would balance the resume.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Jim I wouldn’t delete any of this guys posts. Everything he says can be used by the future owner if he continues to misrepresent the boat. Leave it here to preserve the record. His statements clearly indicate he intends on putting the minimal amount of money into the flip to turn it. Those statements could eventually be quite incriminating.

^Agree.
    This thread must be preserved.
    The misrepresentations may be useful to a future forum member.

I assumed the deleted posts were those directed at our new member, but maybe Jim can clarify that.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by David58my View Post
    Auntie maxie - competition, type didn't want the grammar police coming after me too
    I put it back. The other one I can't restore as it was physically deleted, but it was very short and in the same tone.

I encourage AMPA*, also known as David, to put the post back in, if he can remember what he said.

* Alligator Mouth, Parakeet Ass