Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Interesting.....the listing is there, but not there. The link posted above now leads to a search results page for 58 Hatts.

While the listing is in the search results, clicking on it just leads back to the search results page, while other boats lead
    to their respective listings.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

I am the owner of the 58 my formally named sanctuary, I am sorry I didn't call each and every one of you for your blessings and guidance, however, I have fully disclosed what happened to the boat to everyone, it is being repaired by the best guys in the business who build multi million dollar boats under the supervision of the best marine surveyor around just to take away any assumptions by the seniors, Angela was very helpful in making me aware of how some of the systems operate and knowledge of the boat, which was very much appreciated. The boat was driven back to ft myers using only 170 gallons of fuel,without a single glitch, except for a prop touch in hollywood and did no damage to the prop, if any of you are more qualified than the guys that are fixing it I welcome your guidance and are welcome to come and supervise, thank you for the speculation and accusations, that's the problem with America today, too many supervisors and nobody working

I personally didn't see anything in your listing mentioning that the boat was a salvage buy and that it took on water. Maybe I missed that in your listings and if so I apologize. Best of luck with the sale.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by David58my View Post
    I am the owner of the 58 my formally named sanctuary, I am sorry I didn't call each and every one of you for your blessings and guidance, however, I have fully disclosed what happened to the boat to everyone, it is being repaired by the best guys in the business who build multi million dollar boats under the supervision of the best marine surveyor around just to take away any assumptions by the seniors, Angela was very helpful in making me aware of how some of the systems operate and knowledge of the boat, which was very much appreciated. The boat was driven back to ft myers using only 170 gallons of fuel,without a single glitch, except for a prop touch in hollywood and did no damage to the prop, if any of you are more qualified than the guys that are fixing it I welcome your guidance and are welcome to come and supervise, thank you for the speculation and accusations, that's the problem with America today, too many supervisors and nobody working
    Thanks for chiming in. I was a co-owner of the boat before the storm took her. Would you please have your broker remove our images and text copied from our website from the listing? All of them were taken before the storm damaged her, some many years ago, and I really don't want to be associated (there is actually a photo of Angela and I on the boat) with how badly she is being mis-represented by the listing.

Thank you.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

I'd say the listing has been pulled by the broker.

Hopefully the repairs will be done correctly and she will sail again. That said I believe the law in Florida requires the broker and seller to divulge the information of it being totaled.

I just hope the guys repairing it are not related to the ones that built the titanic. That was a state of the art best in the world boatbuilder too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

West coast guys are fixing it
    Last edited by jim rosenthal; 06-29-2018 at 02:34 AM. Reason: not constructive, inaccurate, and misinformed

While I don’t mind someone buying something to flip and make a profit, I do have a problem with utter misrepresentation. Whoever buys that boat from you will more than likely end up here on the HOF with the rest of us and I would hate for that person to learn that his/her new purchase was a salvage job. Each and every member on this forum is family to me. I don’t necessarily get along with each and every one of them all the time, and we bicker like family from time to time, but nonetheless, these people are my boating family, and I don’t believe there isn’t a one of them who would not come to another’s rescue or assistance. We’ve all been together for many, many years.

While you state that you have fully disclosed what happened to the boat to everyone, you have not. To the contrary, using my photos from my website to portray your boat for sale is indicative that you are misleading everyone and using a bait and switch tactic. You even lifted a photo from someone else’s starboard engine room because the one on your listing is not my engine room. Prior to your listing it with a broker, people have called you to inquire on the boat and you still lied to them. You even made me out to be some damsel in distress to one of them.

If you think you are going to brush off over $200,000 worth of damage as being minimal gelcoat scratching or cosmetic damage, and a lost swim platform, you are sadly mistaken, particularly with THIS boat. As you have already discovered, she is the most famous and popular 58’ Hatteras MY on the planet. You can change her name and scrub it off her fiberglass, but you cannot make her unrecognizable to a Hatteras person unless you burn and/or sink her.

Again, flipping and making a profit - go for it; we’re all here looking out for and protecting our future family member. We all draw the line right there.

Lastly, yes, I do think the collective wisdom of this group is far more knowledgeable and experienced than any boatyard repairing her. We solve problems here that even the factory can’t.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Well, no matter what happens now, if the broker continues to misrepresent the vessel there is a ton of evidence in this string that would easily sway a judge to the right conclusion. And then there is the insurance issues.........

WOW!! VERY NICELY SAID.

It's very sad that you have to keep going through this loss again.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    While I don’t mind someone buying something to flip and make a profit, I do have a problem with utter misrepresentation. Whoever buys that boat from you will more than likely end up here on the HOF with the rest of us and I would hate for that person to learn that his/her new purchase was a salvage job. Each and every member on this forum is family to me. I don’t necessarily get along with each and every one of them all the time, and we bicker like family from time to time, but nonetheless, these people are my boating family, and I don’t believe there isn’t a one of them who would not come to another’s rescue or assistance. We’ve all been together for many, many years.

While you state that you have fully disclosed what happened to the boat to everyone, you have not. To the contrary, using my photos from my website to portray your boat for sale is indicative that you are misleading everyone and using a bait and switch tactic. You even lifted a photo from someone else’s starboard engine room because the one on your listing is not my engine room. Prior to your listing it with a broker, people have called you to inquire on the boat and you still lied to them. You even made me out to be some damsel in distress to one of them.

If you think you are going to brush off over $200,000 worth of damage as being minimal gelcoat scratching or cosmetic damage, and a lost swim platform, you are sadly mistaken, particularly with THIS boat. As you have already discovered, she is the most famous and popular 58’ Hatteras MY on the planet. You can change her name and scrub it off her fiberglass, but you cannot make her unrecognizable to a Hatteras person unless you burn and/or sink her.

Again, flipping and making a profit - go for it; we’re all here looking out for and protecting our future family member. We all draw the line right there.

Lastly, yes, I do think the collective wisdom of this group is far more knowledgeable and experienced than any boatyard repairing her. We solve problems here that even the factory can’t.

And here I thought the problem was too many alternative facts and not enough accountability. Sad.......

If you cannot afford to take your own pictures for the ad, what makes you think you can afford to do a proper job of fixing her?

If you cannot be bothered to take your own pictures for the ad, what makes us think you will bother to fix her correctly?
    Last edited by Westfield 11; 06-28-2018 at 03:08 PM.