Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Spoke with Pier One. We'll see. I think if they want to sell this boat, a candid listing with up to date photos and disclosure of the past events would be the way to do it. Otherwise, they are counting on a buyer and surveyors who don't look very deep at all into her history.
    Hopefully, a prospective buyer or surveyor will pull back the curtains on the port side in the salon and see that the big salon windows are popped out (bending the fiberglass on the outside, so you don’t see it from the outside as well) and the wall is broken back there. That is quite telling of what the boat went through. Anyone who sees that should be motivated to start digging deeper or walk away at that price. I wonder if there is still seaweed in the storage area under the twin stateroom bed where the boat flooded all along that side. That port engine oil pan and the tranny are going to be rust balls in time since they sat in saltwater and were never cleaned for months (not sure new owner would have taken the time to fix all that since you can’t see that damage...yet).
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

My guess is the broker is naive and is being fed misinformation from the new owner.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I still see the photos. 3:22 p.m.
    Still there now.

You should give the broker a call and fill him in as the PO. I would love to sit in on that conversation! LOL
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Should someone contact the FYBA and clue them in as to the misrepresentation going on here ? If the proof is available it should be sent to both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    Should someone contact the FYBA and clue them in as to the misrepresentation going on here ? If the proof is available it should be sent to both parties.
    That's what I'm pondering. Don't really want to get the broker in trouble if he's simply in the dark (though that shouldn't be an excuse and is highly doubtful).

21 of the 36 photos belong to us (taken from the website). 1 of the photos isn't of Sanctuary, so basically 22 of the 36 are bogus.

The first two paragraphs of the description is cut pasted from this page: http://www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com/the-yacht/

We of course, have a full set of photos of the damage I intend to post publicly.

There is a post storm survey we commissioned, but I would like to get a few dollars from someone interested in the boat to help recover some of what it
    cost Ang to commission it.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I still see the photos. 3:22 p.m.
    Never mind, it was an error on my part. I cleared the browser cache and they were there.

No, he's not in the dark. I talked to him, and he knows perfectly well what happened to the boat. He's just counting on someone coming to see it and not doing their diligence and buying it without a proper survey and all.

I talked to his boss, too. We'll see what comes of it. The more calls they get, the more likely they are to grudgingly amend the listing and present the boat a bit more honestly. I hope, anyway.

I know a co worker of his and explained the situation.

I believe he will be talked to.

Sadly he thinks he's being smart. I hope he gets his due. Legally too.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Not sure if this is a recent edit to the listing but it now does reference Irma storm damage. Says swim platform replacement and some gel coat repairs underway.

Asking $199k. Good luck with that.

I think the listing may not be working this morning. I just tried it and it doesn't seem to load. Others seem to work fine.

As to the asking price, as you say, GLWT. Quite optimistic, I'd say.