Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: 1980 58’ Hatteras MY

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Buyer beware. Broker (in this case) be bad.

So many honest people get a bad rep from people like these.
    Do you know this broker?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Yacht brokers in Florida are required to be licensed. I have to wonder if the broker has even seen this boat. How in the world could a broker put up all those photos on Yachtworld, having seen the boat and knowing the true condition??? Even if they guy fixed everything, the broker still used my photos rather than taking his own. He was probably given those photos by the owner. One would think that a yacht broker would take his own photos and write his own ad if he had taken the time to go see the boat. That’s why I believe the broker probably hasn’t laid eyes on this boat. Heck, he even has a photo in his ad of Ed and me on the boat while underway.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

As a licensed yacht broker in the state of Florida you are required to disclose any and all known prior damage the vessel has sustained if you are made aware of it. I find it hard to believe that the broker who has this listing is not aware of the hurricane damage this boat has. If you are concerned the current owner is trying to "get it over" on the next owner call and tell the broker that has the listing you know for a fact he is misrepresenting this boat and see what happens. As a broker you can loose your license for this type of behaviour.

The broker states that the boat sustained only minor damage of a purely cosmetic nature. He claims they are having it looked at, whatever that means. He says that the boat runs fine, which would not surprise me after all the work Ang did on it. There is no mention in the listing of hurricane damage, and essentially he refuses to put that in. The conversation mostly centered around him telling me to come look at the boat, and arguing with me over the condition of the boat and what had happened to it.

I think the listing is deceptive and dishonest for what it leaves out. I think anyone looking at this boat to buy it would want to know how and when it was damaged and know the entire story. I think anyone looking at this boat with an eye towards owning her would be well advised to research her on this forum to find the entire story. Unfortunately, there is no way to warn prospective owners of the boats past.

Actually I m wondering if the first two exterior pics aren't mine

This is the typical lazy broker who doesn't put any effort in a listing. Indeed he may not have seen the boat but using phone screen captures?? Not even saving them and post them full size?

In all fairness, the guy may have fixed some of the damage like the swim platform and dock rash. I know the boat was declared a total loss but it s not like she sunk or flooded up to the dip sticks. After all she made it to her new home on her own bottom
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Spoke with Pier One. We'll see. I think if they want to sell this boat, a candid listing with up to date photos and disclosure of the past events would be the way to do it. Otherwise, they are counting on a buyer and surveyors who don't look very deep at all into her history.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Spoke with Pier One. We'll see. I think if they want to sell this boat, a candid listing with up to date photos and disclosure of the past events would be the way to do it. Otherwise, they are counting on a buyer and surveyors who don't look very deep at all into her history.
    Hi Jim,

I'd love some detail on that conversation, even if you'd rather PM it or call me.

There is so much wrong here beyond using our copyrighted images and content, it has my blood boiling. There will be action taken on my part...just getting my
    thoughts organized. I want to get the listing captured before it changes or goes away....

-Ed G.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Actually I m wondering if the first two exterior pics aren't mine

This is the typical lazy broker who doesn't put any effort in a listing. Indeed he may not have seen the boat but using phone screen captures?? Not even saving them and post them full size?

In all fairness, the guy may have fixed some of the damage like the swim platform and dock rash. I know the boat was declared a total loss but it s not like she sunk or flooded up to the dip sticks. After all she made it to her new home on her own bottom
    The first one and possibly the second, I'm 99% sure were indeed taken by you.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

They have my contact information. We'll see where this all goes.

I still see the photos. 3:22 p.m.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com