Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Looking for 54-56 MY

Welcome back and Happy Hunting.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks for that! Looking is much fun, also a little stressful. Trying to keep it all in the right perspective.

Looking for something around mid-80s vintage. I like the YF model and can't figure out why Hatteras didn't re-invent them later on. The later cockpit models (other than sportfish) are too large for what we're looking for (e.g., 61-63'+).

Cheryl
    Former Hatteras Owner
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"

I would seriously look at Angela's 58MY, Sanctuary. Due to storm damage from Hurricane Irma her insurance company has declared the boat a total loss. The damage sounds like some glass work, paint, and replacement swim platform. She did not sink. I hear the insurance company wants $40,000 as is. I bet they would take any offers. If there is no serious hidden damage this boat can be a real bargain. While I have not been on her in several years Angela has always maintained her in first-rate condition so she is not the usual junker, just one the insurance company won't bother with.

Move her out of Miami, find a DIY yard or one farther north where labor is cheaper, tell the yard to fix her in their slow period. This could be a rare opportunity to pick up a quality, well-cared-for boat at a bargain price.

If you are looking for a boat it would be a big mistake not to look at this one. I think the insurance company gets her around the end of January, so look now!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, journalist, playwright 1875-1932

Check it out in person with a member of the yard that will fix her. Get a close estimate. There will be surprises.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Holtcl, I sent you a private message and canít tell if you got it, nor can I tell that I sent it. Did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanfare View Post
    I would seriously look at Angela's 58MY, Sanctuary. Due to storm damage from Hurricane Irma her insurance company has declared the boat a total loss. The damage sounds like some glass work, paint, and replacement swim platform. She did not sink. I hear the insurance company wants $40,000 as is. I bet they would take any offers. If there is no serious hidden damage this boat can be a real bargain. While I have not been on her in several years Angela has always maintained her in first-rate condition so she is not the usual junker, just one the insurance company won't bother with.

Move her out of Miami, find a DIY yard or one farther north where labor is cheaper, tell the yard to fix her in their slow period. This could be a rare opportunity to pick up a quality, well-cared-for boat at a bargain price.

If you are looking for a boat it would be a big mistake not to look at this one. I think the insurance company gets her around the end of January, so look now!
    I agree. Monica and I stayed aboard Sanctuary several times (a week each time) a few years ago and
    Angela was always on top of anything that needed done to the boat. It's certainly worth a look and
    having a couple of repair yards give you some cost ideas. I think Jim Grove is correct that it will probably
    become a bargain. If I were about 20 or so years younger, I would be all over that boat.

Walt

Buy it before Gilman does LOL

Sorry, have been on travel and just got back yesterday. I saw the post on Sanctuary and was saddened to hear that she was hurt in the storm. Having had a 5-year project in Cinderella, my previous 53, I am not sure I'm up for another project at this time. I might have one more project boat left in my lifetime!

Continuing to look at leads and just responded to the private message.

Cheryl
    Former Hatteras Owner
    1971 53 MY "Cinderella"
    1970 44 MY "Bay Mariner"