Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo blankets

Turbo blankets

I need to get new turbo blankets. Anybody know of a source close to Annapolis, MD? Thanks

Re: Turbo blankets

I just order from these guys, have not been delivered yet but the price was right.

http://www.mmxhaust.com/categories/E...eatured&page=6

Pete

Just bought new turbo and elbow blankets a couple weeks ago. Used this company at the recommendation of a poster on boatdiesel. The quality on these things really shocked me, very well made product. Price was somewhere near $1200 out the door. Will be installing them this weekend!

http://www.marine-exhaust.com

Which engines?

For the small AR dry turbos on the 8v71 or 6v92, I have found the ones on ebay to work well and very cost effective at around $30 each. If you need more than just the turbos, you will need someone that specializes in marine exhaust.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks. They're DD 8.2s marinized by J&T with dry turbos. They need to be custom made.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    Thanks. They're DD 8.2s marinized by J&T with dry turbos. They need to be custom made.
    I doubt it. The turbos blackets on ebay should fit. Pay the big money or for a few bucks you can try one of the cheap ones and see. Its up to you.

I found some that fit mine perfectly.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Will the T6 blankets work with 12v71 wet turbos?