Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Major freshwater pump concern

Since we purchased our 55c we have not been away from the dock long enough to necessitate freshwater but are planning an extended trip so I was looking over the system and discovered this on my freshwater pump. The breaker is off to ensure no power running to it, looking for ideas what would have caused this? Recommended steps to investigate?

Re: Major freshwater pump concern

That's a very old pump.Part exchange it with Raz Marine in Fort Lauderdale for a rebuilt one .About five hundred .i have had 3 in27 years of owning my boat .They are super reliable
    Ian w

Quote Originally Posted by ian w View Post
    That's a very old pump.Part exchange it with Raz Marine in Fort Lauderdale for a rebuilt one .About five hundred .i have had 3 in27 years of owning my boat .They are super reliable
    Ian w
    before replacing with a new one the cause of the burnt wire needs to be diagnosed

AC or DC pump? Raz offers both in that config.

Looks like you found the cause. Pump is locked up or motor is shorted.

Personally, on my 55C I have a Myers AC pump. Nothing special, but has been reliable.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    ac or dc pump? Raz offers both in that config.

Looks like you found the cause. Pump is locked up or motor is shorted.

Personally, on my 55c i have a myers ac pump. Nothing special, but has been reliable.
    32vdc