Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I hope this is true

True? I would hope so.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: I hope this is true

Nope. One of the kids in that picture will probably develop some form of destructive behavior.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Nope. One of the kids in that picture will probably develop some form of destructive behavior.
    OMG,, a sailor😱⛵
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I can testify that fishing was what kept my son out of trouble and bad company when he was in his teen. He rather go out fishing than patying ! He made his girlfriends go out fishing with him, wich led him to his actual wife ( he is 33 now) and soon to be a father. So my recommendation is if you want to survive the horrible teen period of your sons/daughter teach them how to fish !. I may be bald but not gray thanks to this receipe..

I can personally attest to this. When growing up my grandad always used to tell my mom (single mother at the time), ALWAYS have a place for him to hunt and fish and he will always be around.

I spent a LOT of time (and money) chasing bass and deer in high school (or working to get money for deer and bass lol) while other friends were just 'hanging out'. ALL of my friends all wanted to come with me on spring break to my grandads cabin on the lake bass/hybrid/striper fishing rather than going to the beach and chase tail.

Owned my first boat at 12yrs old (a junker fiberglass jon my grandad came across, $100 of my own money to buy that boat) and have had one (or more) boats at any given time ever since.

My wife always says, regarding our 13yr old, someday he will not want to hang out with us.... My response... as long as you have good hunting land and a boat (and plenty of money for diesel), he will ALWAYS want to hang out with us (and so will all his friends)!!

So far it is working, all his friends ask me all the time "when are we going fishing?"

Now, I will not say this will keep them saintly, lol, after all they are boys, and I got into my fair share of trouble growing up, but it was the 'good' kind of trouble, meaning I learned a lesson, was humbled, got embarrased, stayed out of jail and off my permanent record.

Everyone expects kids these days to be perfect, I think everybody forgets that getting into some trouble is actually a good thing, it's how boys learn how to act right.
    Last edited by rustybucket; 12-12-2017 at 10:24 AM.

You’re a lucky man Rusty.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    You’re a lucky man Rusty.
    No doubt about that! Now that he's 13 (about to be 14) he doesn't want me sitting in the stand with him all the time now, so he goes a lot on his own. But... I was fortunate enough, earlier this year, to be sitting with him in a box stand when he took his biggest buck to date.

Just doesn't get much better.....

It's truly a blessing to share activities with your Son, and I guess daughter(s) I only have a son.

And I am blessed!

Nice buck!!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Nice! Bow or gun?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Nice! Bow or gun?
    Gun, Youth .243 Savage