Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

The Selfless Irish

The irish never hesitate to come to the aid of their fellow man, air passengers, in this case!

Shortly after take-off on an outbound, evening aer lingus flight from dublin to boston, the lead flight attendant nervously made the following painful announcement in her lovely irish brogue:

"ladies and gentlemen, i'm so very sorry, but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up by our catering service. I don't know how this happened, but we have 103 passengers on board, and unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals. I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."

when the muttering of the passengers had died down, she continued, "anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat, will receive free and unlimited drinks for the duration of our 10 hour flight.”

her next announcement came about 2 hours later:

"if anyone is hungry, we still have 40 dinners available."
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: The Selfless Irish

Not very PC but funny. Just had my dna done and am 85% Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkjj View Post
    Not very PC but funny. Just had my dna done and am 85% Irish.
    Your other 15% doesn’t see the problem.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Good one Robert
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    The irish never hesitate to come to the aid of their fellow man, air passengers, in this case!

Shortly after take-off on an outbound, evening aer lingus flight from dublin to boston, the lead flight attendant nervously made the following painful announcement in her lovely irish brogue:

"ladies and gentlemen, i'm so very sorry, but it appears that there has been a terrible mix-up by our catering service. I don't know how this happened, but we have 103 passengers on board, and unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals. I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience."

when the muttering of the passengers had died down, she continued, "anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can eat, will receive free and unlimited drinks for the duration of our 10 hour flight.”

her next announcement came about 2 hours later:

"if anyone is hungry, we still have 40 dinners available."
    Laughed out loud... Joke (old): So this Irishman comes out of a bar...No! It can happen..
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 12-08-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Like O'Malley wno worked at Jamieson's and fell into a brewing vat and drowned. Fought off 5 men trying to save him!!

Patty and Sean....in Patty's hosp room. Sean, you're the best friend I ever had in me life so I left all
    my worldly possessions to you but I want you to promise to pour a bottle of Irish whisky over me grave
    every Sunday morning after Mass...would you do it lad.....a long pause.... ey lad, but would you be
    minding if I filtered it through me kidneys first?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Patty and Sean....in Patty's hosp room. Sean, you're the best friend I ever had in me life so I left all
    my worldly possessions to you but I want you to promise to pour a bottle of Irish whisky over me grave
    every Sunday morning after Mass...would you do it lad.....a long pause.... ey lad, but would you be
    minding if I filtered it through me kidneys first?
    OMG that was good!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I happen to have some insight into alcohol addiction and recovery. Social pressures are one factor in this matter. Those that I know that live in Ireland have a particularly hard time trying to function as non-drinkers. To an extent the stereotype is real even more so than here in that alcohol is still the staple of most non-work events.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Whereby comes the religious term of a "a Wake". The Wake's duration is, because in olde tymes, drinkers would get a batch of bad brew and get literally stiff, which emulated death. Since once in a while, someone would come back to life and "wake" up. The period of mourning, aka the Wake, was to ensure the poor departed was really "dead". All I think I know about that ...
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...