Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The Power of 'grammah', the Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I adopted my son when he was 4 he is now 40. He had the two grandkids that he was unable to raise. We were both about 30 when we took him in. I too am a better grandfather than father. To many years of 12/15 hour days, however I never missed a game, dance, camping events etc. Now I’m a little more patient. I’m enjoying them but boy can they tire you out while eating you out of house and home.
    I also adoped my daughter at the age of 30 days it was a law,must be 31 days old. She is 29 years old and expecting her first. I feel a little diffrent loosing the best fishing partner i ever had mixes a good Margarita. Well looks like a grand son is taking my daughter on 12/25/20017. Already think hard of him
    Attached Images

Your photo shows you will be a very young looking great grandfather. Congratulations 🎊🎉🍾🎈
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Your photo shows you will be a very young looking great grandfather. Congratulations 
    Thanks but i will still miss her, Always ready to go no mater the weather. Still can not beat the old man trout fishing!!!! tares her us.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    LOL

Be careful she will soon be a teenager and then see what she can do

Thanks for sharing cute story.
    Sorry, but an old story. She is now a Jr. at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), GA. Studied in France, last summer. She has absolutely no clue about her Grandparents past lives, including outhouses way back when. Time screams by!!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 12-08-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    If we can call this a grandchild thread, I'll add a story: First you need to know I'm 81 and feeling it.

We had the entire family at the condo for the holiday including my great grand daughter Ari, age 4. So eleven of us are sitting around after dinner with some still at the table and Ari comes over to me and out of the blue says 'great grandpa, you are old........old and fragile'. WTH, where did that come from? So after some thought, I asked her 'How old are you Ari'? She came right back with 'four'. I ask back 'four what'? And Ari proudly replies 'four years old'. Aha, I'm thinking I gotcha, and reply 'so you are old too'. Not to be out done, Ari puts her forefinger and thumb almost together in front of her and replies 'but I'm only a little bit old'.

Yep, memories....

Bobk
    Too cute...!

Quote Originally Posted by jrbrein View Post
    I am a young 63 also!

I did not miss one activity either as they grew and took an active role in some of those experiences. My girls were in the marching band with the older one being captain of the color guard and my younger daughter was a section leader for the flutes. I ran the concessions operation to raise money for the band and a lot of other things as well. I will never be sorry I did all these things.

Now I am looking forward to some grand kids, or in my case great grand kids! LOL

Jon
    Ah, the "choice" concessions job (lol)...