Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Power of 'grammah', the Admiral

It is winter, so now a slow time story. We have had our Hatt for 20 years and my granddaughter has ridden on her, since tiny. So I have a right to post this (I guess).

So I am working from home, during a Holiday, when I used to be a Road Warrior. I am working in my office, a converted bedroom- you RW's know the drill.

My 4 yr old granddaughter comes in the office, while I am on my PC. 'Grandpa, can I get on the computer...' (she is very accomplished)? But I respond, 'Gee, I am sorry, but Grandpa is working'. 'Ok', she says and leaves.

I little while later, she comes back. 'Grandpa, Grandma says she wants you'. Well, I run down stairs and, where they are fixing holiday dinner. I ask the Admiral, aka Grandma, 'Tori says you wanted me'. 'No', she says, 'I didn't ask for you'. Back upstairs I go.

Well, there she sits in my chair and gives me a combo wry and cute grin, but stays put. "Gotcha"! I had been had by a 4 year old, using the power of 'Grandma' the Admiral.

We had 55mph winds in Muskegon last night and Lake Effect snow is coming...the Ides of Winter are upon us!
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 12-08-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: The Power of 'grammah', the Admiral

Little girls always wrap grandpas around their little fingers. Don’t be ashamed, enjoy the trip.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Cherish every moment, you'll remember them forever. BTW the definition of grandchildren is.."God's
    gift for putting up with the first bunch"

Walt

LOL

Be careful she will soon be a teenager and then see what she can do

Thanks for sharing cute story.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

If we can call this a grandchild thread, I'll add a story: First you need to know I'm 81 and feeling it.

We had the entire family at the condo for the holiday including my great grand daughter Ari, age 4. So eleven of us are sitting around after dinner with some still at the table and Ari comes over to me and out of the blue says 'great grandpa, you are old........old and fragile'. WTH, where did that come from? So after some thought, I asked her 'How old are you Ari'? She came right back with 'four'. I ask back 'four what'? And Ari proudly replies 'four years old'. Aha, I'm thinking I gotcha, and reply 'so you are old too'. Not to be out done, Ari puts her forefinger and thumb almost together in front of her and replies 'but I'm only a little bit old'.

Yep, memories....

Bobk
    Last edited by bobk; 12-06-2017 at 11:02 AM.

I’m one of those lucky or unlucky grandparents (depending how you look at it) who have 100% custody of my 13 and 14 year old grandkids. So far so good, best thing they love boating and I have extra arms and legs to help clean the boat.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Seven,

If I may be so bold as to ask you your age? The reason is that I married late in life (40 yo) and my daughters who are now 18 and 20 are old enough to be my grand children.

I have been a much, much better dad at my older age than I would have been younger. But...that is just me. It is a great job that we get to do.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

A young 66
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I adopted my son when he was 4 he is now 40. He had the two grandkids that he was unable to raise. We were both about 30 when we took him in. I too am a better grandfather than father. To many years of 12/15 hour days, however I never missed a game, dance, camping events etc. Now I’m a little more patient. I’m enjoying them but boy can they tire you out while eating you out of house and home.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I am a young 63 also!

I did not miss one activity either as they grew and took an active role in some of those experiences. My girls were in the marching band with the older one being captain of the color guard and my younger daughter was a section leader for the flutes. I ran the concessions operation to raise money for the band and a lot of other things as well. I will never be sorry I did all these things.

Now I am looking forward to some grand kids, or in my case great grand kids! LOL

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia