Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cleaning out Bella Sophia. Sad day.

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the sale of Bella Sophia. I have owned her for almost 13 years. I have put a lot of hours into her over the years. The family has also gotten much enjoyment from her. I am thankful to give my kids a taste of the boating lifestyle and adventure. Some of our fondest memories have been cruising in the Bahamas. I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you here on HOF. With your advice and knowledge, I have been able to acomplish many repairs and upgrades. I hope that my comments on this site have helped others. I will continue to lurk on this site as I enjoy the boating discussion. I also love Hatteras. I am not getting out of boating. I will look for my next boat. Something a little newer>10 years old. P.s. its amazing how much stuff ends up on your boat after 12 years.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Re: Cleaning out Bella Sophia. Sad day.

It’s a sad day when you have to part with something that you almost call family. Best wishes in your new adventure. By the way how much are you asking?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

What's next on your list?

It's a new adventure for sure.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Good luck! I also have my boat for 13 years by now it is a part of life for my family and I

I lived aboard a trawler for 10 and when it sold as I off loaded it I shed a tear. Many memories!

You keep Bella Sophie's memories to have always!

Find the next adventure
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Thanks guys. I listed Bella for $595k. I got $450k for her. Not sure about the market but I feel that I could have gotten another $50k for her if I waited it out? She breezed through survey with an Above Average from the surveyor. Isn’t it a shame that a new center console costs more than a 78ft motor yacht. I have my eye on a 2008 78ft Cheoy Lee Bravo. I don’t know much about Cheoy Lee. I know that their owners forum is terrible. I’ll have to work on that.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

She was a beauty and I agree you could of gotten $500k for her if you had waited for the season. Good luck with the next boat!
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    She was a beauty and I agree you could of gotten $500k for her if you had waited for the season. Good luck with the next boat!
    I hear the got better over the years. Especially their larger vessels.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

You can still hang out here. It's just that we won't know the answers to your questions. Sorry you are selling Bella, no one should ever sell their boat. Their estate should worry about that.

I would never sell my Hatteras for cheoy lee. I have friends that had choey lee's and they were nothing but trouble. Sorry to tell you that news. Good looking boats but just not a Hatteras .

They may have built some good ones, but I don't think they have ever built anything as good as a Hatteras.