Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Chine extensions?

They work well on some boats but they need to be designed and installed right. The 53C benefits well from them but if they aren’t the right length and angle, they can give the boat a stiff ride.they need to run pretty far forward and gradually up toward to bow. I would wait and see how she rides with the new power. She will sit much higher out of the water and ride attitude will greatly change.
    Jack Sardina

Re: Chine extensions?

I have these on my 56 Widebody.

The previous owner installed them to with the purported intent to offset the drag from the bow thruster.

The boat will still do 19.5 knots, though my paltry checkbook keeps us at 9.9 so much of my
    information comes from a once a year run on plane after the bottom has been cleaned and painted.

As such I can neither confirm nor deny their function. Given the implied/expected drag of the bow thruster I
    recall the previous owner saying they had about a half knot impact on the vessel.

I presume he made the changes A, then B versus A&B to establish his assessment.

v/r
    Timothy Rogers
    Timothy Rogers
    1981 56' FDMY
    "Fun@Sea.Calm"