Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Winterizing

Re: Winterizing

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    I have half a bottle left just did the power washer last weekend as I always use it for that also.
    I will give it a shake but don't expect me to shake the boat that I will not try

I don't see were 10 degrees came into the post but the stuff I use is rated for -50 so can't see were it would freeze at 0 never seen it before.

Well since its March figured I would update this. I left a bottle next to back door so on chilly mornings I would check it. I say chilly because it never got slushy it got a little thicker like a very light oil. It was 2 degrees that morning so maybe it wasn't cold enough so I will do it again next year maybe it will be colder but I hope not

I did shake it a little made no difference I didn't shake it hard figured no one would be shaking my boat like that
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Pink stuff I use turns to slush and even gets kinda hard in the freezing temps. But I never had a problem.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Wink Re: Winterizing

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Pink stuff I use turns to slush and even gets kinda hard in the freezing temps. But I never had a problem.
    Have you seen that in N.C cant imagine it getting cold enough there. Maybe there is a difference I used Walmarts super tech maybe its better than yours 
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Have you seen that in N.C cant imagine it getting cold enough there. Maybe there is a difference I used Walmarts super tech maybe its better than yours 
    I use supertech too. Can't beat the price. Normally we don't get too cold, but all the global warming this winter got us down to 5-9F. River froze solid and I walked across it. Hasn't done that in 15-20 years--back when my buddy Al was inventing the internet.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381