Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hit and Run

Re: Hit and Run

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    My dad has his boat there. At 81 he's thinking he may want to sell her and fish with friends as he just can't do as much as before. Still I don't know how he will feel not having a boat after all the years of owning one or two.

Tell me abut it. I'm your father's age and thinking the same (selling that is). One difference though. I've had as many as four at the same time and at least two since 1974.

Bobk
    48' Series I MY

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Tell me abut it. I'm your father's age and thinking the same (selling that is). One difference though. I've had as many as four at the same time and at least two since 1974.

Bobk
    48' Series I MY
    Me too. After a lifetime of boating when you're over 80 you finally realize that you can't do what
    came easy just a few years ago. I plan to put my 1982 48 Series I MY for sale in the spring. It will
    be a lot easier to just charter with a captain a few times a year and not worry about all the issues
    that come with boat ownership.

Walt

Bob, Walt your scaring me. Do I only have another 30 years of boating left?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Bob, Walt your scaring me. Do I only have another 30 years of boating left?

No

It can be a lot less
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Social Security Actuarial Tables (2016) project average life expectancy for current 80 year old males as 88.2 and females as 89.64.

But Hatteras owners will clearly exceed the average due to clean living, relaxed personalities, diet, good judgment, and general social outlook, IN MY OPINION.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Social Security Actuarial Tables (2016) project average life expectancy for current 80 year old males as 88.2 and females as 89.64.

But Hatteras owners will clearly exceed the average due to clean living, relaxed personalities, diet, good judgment, and general social outlook, IN MY OPINION.

Pete
    Wow. Maybe I should stop thinking of selling to extend my life.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Wow. Maybe I should stop thinking of selling to extend my life.

Bobk
    Something to think about Bob..... My concern is memory etc. Example, I still look at pretty women, but
    I forgot why.

Walt

Walt, you know what the best thing about getting older is that pool of women you are looking at just keep getting bigger. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Walt, you know what the best thing about getting older is that pool of women you are looking at just keep getting bigger. John
    Very true but it brings to mind something that happened at the local nursing home:

A group of men residents (inmates) were in the big main room playing cards and a group of women residents
    were on the other side of the room just talking.... Mary said to her friends, "just look at those guys, all
    they do all day is sit around and play cards..they don't even know we're alive."... One of the other ladies
    said "I can get their attention and took off all of her clothes and ran across the room laughing out loud..
    One of the old guys looks over his reading glasses and said " wasn't that Betty" to which his buddy said
    Yeah but whatever she had on needs to be ironed.

Getting older has it's rewards......

Walt