Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hit and Run

Re: Hit and Run

Walt probably summed it up best with: We're here to help each other.

On that note, in the future don't expect help from a number of highly qualified professionals on this site when you treat any one of us that way. Good luck with your scratches.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Oh never mind, not worth it. Its easy to misinterpret something.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Excess estrogen??????

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Walt probably summed it up best with: We're here to help each other.

On that note, in the future don't expect help from a number of highly qualified professionals on this site when you treat any one of us that way. Good luck with your scratches.
    My opinion, this thread has several negative attributes that are not in the best interest of this forum. Worst of those attributes is the message that a member has taken it upon himself to speak for others, while declaring an unsubstantiated level of value to the forum, and threatening retribution through withholding of assistance in the future by this subset of members.

I believe this is a group for individuals who want to participate in mutual help for all Hatteras owners and even a few other brand owners that are interested in the content. There are no subgroups, no tiers of membership, no threatening of other members with withholding information. All members are equal, no member owns this forum, and if they have a problem, free to withdraw.

Further, mutual respect and professional levels of communication will sustain us. Attaching other members serves no useful purpose.

Steady as she goes.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Steady as she goes.

Pete
    May I add:

"Full Speed Ahead"

Or in my case...Hull Speed Ahead. Most of the time!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

With my two 453's pushing 65K pounds of boat, it is hull speed all the time.

Pete

Good post Pete I'm sure lots of people have been ran off in the past.
    On most forums you are not allowed to promote your business unless you advertise on site.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My opinion, this thread has several negative attributes that are not in the best interest of this forum. Worst of those attributes is the message that a member has taken it upon himself to speak for others, while declaring an unsubstantiated level of value to the forum, and threatening retribution through withholding of assistance in the future by this subset of members.

I believe this is a group for individuals who want to participate in mutual help for all Hatteras owners and even a few other brand owners that are interested in the content. There are no subgroups, no tiers of membership, no threatening of other members with withholding information. All members are equal, no member owns this forum, and if they have a problem, free to withdraw.

Further, mutual respect and professional levels of communication will sustain us. Attaching other members serves no useful purpose.

Steady as she goes.

Pete
    Ahhhh Pete. Once again, your comprehension skills need work and you're attributing things that were never said.

Since you are correct that attacking other members serves no useful purpose, Tommy B's response to boatsb's comment was uncalled for. As Finalee stated it could have be a misinterpretation and could be corrected with an explanation as such. However, since the comment is several weeks old now it appears unlikely that one is forthcoming.

I didn't "threaten" anybody. I didn't claim to speak for others. I didn't call for a tech support boycott nor any of the other things that you have fabricated. It was simply an admonition that people who have been here for a while know and, as you say, mutually support one another. So if someone is going to attack and disrespect a member they really can't expect other people to jump in to help them in the future.

1970 36C375

Avenger, my prior attempts at communications with you lead me to conclude that a specific response to your posting will not accomplish anything positive. I therefore will leave our prior posts to speak for themselves.

Pete

Indeed. The fact that you didn't bother to call out the original attack but chose to lecture me instead speaks volumes.

1970 36C375