So, it looked pretty clean and unmolested in the pictures....... Then the day dreaming started. Elderly couple had it for years on the lake. Can't use it anymore, kids hate it, costing money to store, been for sale for years now. I'll just hop in and tell them the ol' girl is going on the adventure of a lifetime but since I need to haul it we're going to have to talk about the price.

Would have gone down there, camped out on it, removed the fly bridge and secured it on the front deck. Haul it on a lo-boy 200 or so North for, say, $15K, dunk it in the Arkansas river and me and the missus leisurely end up on the Chez mid summer with a nice boat for a nice price and the first nice trip under our belt.

NOT SO FAST!

No old couple. Boat is owned by a doctor. Not in a negotiating mood, and realizing it's not going so sell has decided to keep it and "Europeanize the interior" (That's really sad). Was said to have trucked it South to Galveston for a few years, but decided it wasn't for him and brought it back to the lake. The fare? 30K each way.

OK, I'm back in the here and now. And all that for a cheap phone call! Got off easy this time.