Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Re: 53 MY Repower, started!

As with eveything there are different ways of doing the same things. I trust these guys... he s an older guy who s done many repower, he s done work for me before and knows his stuff. The original engine beds were alum with a steel bad inside the stringer. The new glass will go all the way down to the hull

As to the car, yes thats the bonnet against the wall and yes those beautiful covered headlights died in 67 thanks to Ralph Nader and co who also killed eared spinners... seems like Ralph was concerned women long skirts could be caught by the spinners of a car driving by.... i decided to make things right and had the bonnet sheet metal modified to accomodate original series 1 headlights. Unlike other cars that used simple shape, the E-type glass covers have a very complex and beautiful shape. Th awful rubber bumpers came in 73... i have had this car for almost 20 years and have done a number of mechanical upgrades incl 5 speed manual, suspension, electrics, etc... over the years i ve driven it in 45 states including Miami to Seatle. In 44 hours door to door
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You must of been flying to get there in 44 hours! When I moved from Hollywood, Florida to San Diego, California it took me 3 1/2 days doing 14 hour days of driving and I thought I was making good time! What does your Jag top out at?
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Pascal did you replace the Lucas electrical system? I hope so, it was amazing the number of things that went wrong on what was not a particularly complicated electrical system. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Very strange that the Lucas electrics on cars was referred to as the prince of darkness but the same
    company also did the electrics for most of the great British fighters such as the Spitfire etc.

Walt

Yes, it has MSD ignition with Crane optical sensor in the distributor, Delco Remy Alternator, Carter fuel pump and modern gear reduction starter. It s been delucassified All the emission crap has been removed too.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Very strange that the Lucas electrics on cars was referred to as the prince of darkness but the same
    company also did the electrics for most of the great British fighters such as the Spitfire etc.

Walt
    I guess that's where they put the competent work then. Of course we don't know how many people cursed the electrics on Spitfires too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It s been delucassified
    Now there's an interesting term.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

"delucassified"

I'd have expected it to be called an exorcism.

8. Re: 53 MY Repower, started!

I expect to see that in Webster dictionary next printing.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

John, did you get my text?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California