Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Re: 53 MY Repower, started!

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Well you can easily crawl around that engine room now, congratulations.
    I think he can walk around very well since it's full height. A nice teak cat walk on the outboard sides
    of each engine would be nice as well. It's looking great Pascal.

Walt

Nice job Pascal!

What did you use to paint your engine room and how did you prep it??

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Dang, seeing new engines and stabilizers in place sure has to feel good Thanks for sharing progress.

Will build ER floors are the end, not teak though... cant imagine th cost, weight and maintenance! will probsbly do foam cored panels for weight saving with alum diamond plating. That how lazzara did the ER flooring, very light

They used bilgekote... prep was about a week of degreasing and pressure washing!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Will build ER floors are the end, not teak though... cant imagine th cost, weight and maintenance! will probsbly do foam cored panels for weight saving with alum diamond plating. That how lazzara did the ER flooring, very light

They used bilgekote... prep was about a week of degreasing and pressure washing!
    That diamond plate flooring is very hard on the knees. I put a near white carpet over it on my trawler.

Bobk

We made a few foam "floorboards" for our 50c's ER. Just painted with Awlgrip, no nonskid or anything else. They really aren't slippery and the best part is they're very easy to clean, just a thought.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Yes, I have a piece of diamondplate in the center bilge of my boat.... and a piece of old carpet on it, because you can't kneel on it.

Reaching the age where everything is hard on the knees! . Yes carpet a must with diamond plates
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I keep boat cushions everywhere. One is in the engine room, one is in the pump room, one under the bridge. At home, one is in the shop, one upstairs, one downstairs. I even have one in the golf cart when I have to fix yard sprinkler heads. I must be getting old.

Good luck,
    Tim

We all must be the same age 66. I’m having a hell of a time dropping down and getting up. Damn.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California