Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cummins dealer

Cummins dealer

Anyone heard of or bought rebuilt Cummins 8.3 or 5.9 engines from 5 Star Diesel in Oregon? Thinking about repowering my 41C. His prices are better than I have found on east coast 23,500 for the 8.3 and 21,500 for the 5.9. Shipping around 1200.00 1 year warranty
    Last edited by Hatter41; 10-04-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Re: Cummins dealer

I'm not sure what your getting. The 8.3 has many versions as do the 5.9.

If hes selling out of the area he is not selling Cummins remains or he would be in violation of his dealer contract.

I can recommend a good honest cummins dealer in nc if you like. PM me if you need their info.

Fwiw.

Any Cummins dealer selling to a DIY out of their area is probably selling inhouse rebuilds or is not a dealer
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

And who will do the warranty work? And who pays them? I would stick with remans from an authorized dealer.

I have been pricing out the 6cta and the qsc8.3 On the east coast I got quotes for 33k and 34k for the factory recon 6cta and 42.5 k for the qsc8.3 550. One supplier quoted 26k for in-house rebuilds for the 6cta. All quotes included a gauge package for single helm. Upgrade to two helms is additional 1800. Gears not included just for giggles I asked for a quote on the qsm11 600. Was quoted 47k
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

My factory rebuilt 6CTAs with new ZF were around $36 plus the extra instrument set but that was 2 or 3 years ago. I m pretty sure the QSC requires bigger gears and I know they require new struts and possibly new shaft tubes. Didn’t make sense for us.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I just quoted a customer a pair of 6.7 QSB 550 with gears, 2 sets of electronic controls, 1 gauge set and start stop for the cockpit. Also trolling valves. All NEW, Full warranty and harnesses. Fuel filters, airseps and exhaust riser.

$110k without install.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.