Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

32v Battery charger

My old La March battery charger is in need of replacement. I can get a new one for about 2k from the manufacture but its old technology. I have found a replacement for less money with new technology. its a Power stream Mod number BCA 1000-220-32. Does anyone have this or have any suggestions? I need to make a decisions soon both take several weeks to make.Thanks in advance
    Captain. Dave
    [url]www.carolinamarinegroup.com

Re: 32v Battery charger

Your picture looks like a 12 volt boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

We installed one of these in our 1978 Hatteras 58' MY and couldn't be happier.

https://www.wmjmarine.com/bca1503-110-32.html
    Capt' Hoop (Master 100 Ton/towing)
    1978- 58 MY “Amare La Vita”
    2001- 60C “Noah's Ark”
    1986 Scarab II “Summer Hummer”
    1979 Sleekcraft Aristocrat (jet) “She’s a squirter”

I own a 36 foot and a 61 hatterasIMG_0239.jpg

Yes the analytic Charger thats the one only in 220V

I purchased the Analytic Systems Model BCA 1000-220-32 last August from Galco Electronics for $1,287.00. Unit works great!

Purchased the charger with the option of a digital readout that monitors voltage and current for both banks of batteries and also purchased an extra temp sensor as the unit is configured for two sensors but only ships with one probe.

The optional readout is well worth the money as I leave it on the house bank and if I'm not sure whether I left something on before departing the boat, I just open the ER door and look at the current draw on the read out.

If you need more info on what to buy from them I'd suggest calling Bruce Jones at Analytic Systems. He was extremely helpful and even had one of his application engineers assist with info to help me set up the charger for my AGM batteries.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

I have an Analytic Systems Model BCA 1000-220-32 that was on my boat when I bought it in 2004. Since then I have installed several of the same unit on other Hatts. They work well but don't charge fast. My Outback Inverter has a greater output and charges the batts more quickly.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I also have upgraded to an Analytic Systems Model BCA 1000-220-32. In addition to what has already been said, it has a good manual equalization cycle.

UPDATE:
    Looking at the wiring from my charger to see how I was going to wire it found out my charger is acting like the house system. Meaning the charger goes to the bus terminal and not to the batteries. this being said, the charger always thinks it needs to charge overtime I use the 32v system. i.e. flush the heat the has a 28amp draw. that intern shocks the batteries. So i always have a charge going to the batteries instead of the leads going to the batteries and then out to the house. I am going to buy 8 new batteries again! and rewire the charger directly to the batteries. this will allow the batteries to act as the power supply and not the charger. Does anyone else have this set up? If soils your charger also feeding your house and intern over charging your batteries?

Some charger can work as power supplies too. I dont know how it's set up on your boat.

Are there fuses between the charger outputs and the batteries?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.