Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Od Man Boat

Od Man Boat

After a lifetime of doing the SF / Fishing / Bahamas routine, I've decided to slow down and head to colder climes over the summers in an "Old Man Boat".
    With the above goal in mind, over the past two years I've been diligently looking for a 70-85 Full displacement MY or Trawler. Been to full survey on two boats (both with major issues not readily apparent) and flown to Europe to kiss a toad. As my last Sea Trial / Survey was unravelling, surveyors suggested the Hatteras alternative. Given the thinness of the niche market for long range full displacement and prodded by Surveyors comments, I've decided to move to an interim "Plan B".
    While awaiting my "ideal" boat (not many around), I've decided to pursue a early to mid 2000's Hatteras 75MY (more available) to use in the interim. Does anyone have feedback on this particular model; strengths, weaknesses, personal experience, etc...? Not locked into the 75, however, trying to stay within 15yrs old.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Brett

Re: Od Man Boat

I just worked on a big my yesterday updating and troubleshooting the electronics. Its for sale and its an 2007 thats immaculately maintained.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Listing information?

I'm waiting on a phone call. I'm not sure if it's listed or where but I know they're looking to sell
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Must be a lot of us looking for "Old Man Boats". Slim pickins for 2000 to 2007 Pilothouse My's in our 60 to 65 category. Mostly European and Asian boats. When you eliminate refits, tons of teak, and 12 cyl race engines there is not much left. We have also surveyed two dock queens this year with major mechanical issues discovered. Good luck.

Been looking at 70’-80’ Hatteras MYs. The later model 80’ boats are very nice with more robust systems, however, there is a 800k+ premium over the last of the 75 MYs. Starting around 2001, the “cabinet doors” over the transom of the 75s were replaced with a Freeman Hatch; big improvement in my mind. With that in mind, I’m under contract on a 2002 75 Hatteras MY with 3412 Cats. Does anyone have a bit of insite relative to this particular model?